Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 89,359 times)

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: Its Game Time on Feb 17, 2010, 09:00:21 AM
The detail is spectacular, having said that i should point out that some of the detail does suck in some ways. If you go up real close to a sentry turret, it looks like something from a Nintendo 64 game, however generally the detail in the game is pretty good as far as i can tell!

that`s the case across a lot of games.
i had a checkpoint in MW2 where you have to set the sentry gun on top of the diner and each time i restarted there was a split second where i was holding a collection of boxes... until the textures loaded in and the normal map made it sexy again. i guess it comes down to where it`s decided that max-ing out the detail/polys isn`t really worth it.

federico8221

federico8221

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 17, 2010, 10:53:11 AM
for 360/ps3 players.....

Whats the difference in the retail gamefrom the demo if any?

Just curious.........

:)

I would like to know this too.. nice question.. is anybody able to answer this? Graphic? Gameplay? Balance between species?

Thanks guys!!

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

So how good is this game? I havent been able to play it yet, my ps3 is messed up and have no clue when it will be getting fixed

cptn_winkle

cptn_winkle

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 15, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
This is a review of the instruction manual...

They used an image of the Plush Facehugger...

Really?
Come on now...

Lol!! This cracks me up.!! Well not really, I bought the normal and hnter version ( one is a present ) yesterday gamespot only had the normal one, but now that I started thinking about this detail, PLEASE Don't tell me the facehugger is the actuall plushy one! I already have it and I didn't pay $40 extra bucks to get another one!!

Anyone got the hunter pack already? I pick it up at the store today, hope I am wrong.

Played first marine level, pretty cool. Not like my experience when I first played the first AVP but pretty good nonetheless, I only wish Aliens blew up when you shoot em a Grenade like in the other games, not just bounce around...it was a lot darker than AVP Requiem

Ferno

Ferno

Well, I am a fan, but I won't let that cloud my judgement for this game and this is a mediocre game at best. I'm close to completing the marine campaign, and will say that it feels so unpolished. The marine campaign is so so, just the level designs aren't really captivating. I love the sound in this game, and they deserve praise for it. I played a bit of the alien and predator campaign, and I will say that I can see those can't hold a torch to the marine campaign. The alien controls are cool, but it seems off as hell. The way you scale walls just feels out of place. I mean, I know the alien is about sticking to the darkness, moving fast, and scaling walls, just the mechanic doesn't feel right. As for the predator, the controls for him are alright, and could be A LOT better. I hate the way the mounted gun really works, the targeting system for it is kinda horrible. I really hate the jumping system for the predator. It's not a bad idea, but it's poorly executed because of the level designs. It's like you're too damn cramped to jump anywere so it's worthless. Now, this isn't the worse game invented, because it's a lot of fun to be had in multiplayer especially with the same species team matches. I found myself coordinating with my team a lot, and found it to be hilariously fun. I think they could've added a couple of more things for the infestation mode. They should've taken note from the game Killing Floor on steam. But in all honesty, I wanted more from this game, and it is disappointing knowing that the original game is better than this one. If they make another game, I hope they really do get it fully right next time. This is just my opinion on it though.

**Edit**

I forgot about the graphics, and it isn't as bad as a lot of peeps are making it out to be. I'm playing on a 32'' HDTV, and the graphics are good. Just they aren't the greatest out there, and could be a lot better.

MikkoM

MikkoM

How about the PC version? Is it any good? What about the controls? As a predator is the best tactic always to sneak behind your enemies (at least human enemies) and take a trophy or stealt kill? Is the shoulder cannon/disc useful at all? How bad is the AI?

I would really want to know something about the PC version of the game, since almost all of the official reviews are for the Xbox 360 version of the game.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: federico8221 on Feb 17, 2010, 03:40:47 PM
Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 17, 2010, 10:53:11 AM
for 360/ps3 players.....

Whats the difference in the retail gamefrom the demo if any?

Just curious.........

:)

I would like to know this too.. nice question.. is anybody able to answer this? Graphic? Gameplay? Balance between species?

Thanks guys!!

Somebody please answer!?!?!

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Not a review but the is a cool achievement guide.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208066

Sbm76

Sbm76

As for a graphics comparison between the demo and retail version I would say that it's about the same. I guess the level chosen for the demo is not the most representative one for the game though. Some levels in the retail game are really beautiful with lighting, smoke, fog etc.

After having played through the marine and predator campaign I can say that I have had a lot of fun with the game, and I really can't understand some of the bad reviews. If you like the franchise then you will get a lot of entertainment out of this title. Can't wait until I have time later tonight to finish the alien campaign, then I will move on to multiplayer.

Redskins

Redskins

Well I'm sad  :'(

The store I pre-orderd from, had a shipping error and only recieved PS3 copies of the game, the 360 and more importantly for me the PC version will arrive in another 3 days.

And if thats not worse enough, I have a flu :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the game is great so far, I have not got that far into the story mode yet. But I have a issue with the darkness though.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

I just played the level based on moving AVP temple and i gotta say it is sooo badass!

Got it on TDM as a pred and i kid you not recreated the scene where Scar casters 3  aliens who were rushing him down a corridor. Such a great time.

strangedemon

strangedemon

I don't play video games too much and I am a fan of all the alien and predator movies. I did play aliens vs predator on pc back in 99 which was fun. I can say that this new game lives up to its suspense and fun level which was to be expected.
:-\
Graphics were not to todays "expected" standards but still good as a video game. The characters were cool and the storyline was excellent for a video game which stayed in complete tune with the franchise. There were just few letdowns but these letdowns wouldn't deter me from playing the game more. I have beaten the marine campaign on normal difficulty which still gave me a hard time when crazy situations came up. I played the marine campaign from around 6:30 to 11:45 with about an hour break inbetween. It kept me on the edge of my seat for most of the play.
Spoiler
The Predator is probably the hardest foe to encounter as a "boss" level as he is hard to track when he is down on health.
[close]
The controls were different, but are very adaptable. The sytle of play can be seen as old school. This game reminded me of alien trilogy from the Playstation 1 in terms of style. The sounds effects and music were excellent which kept me driven into the game.
:D
I am looking forward to completing the Predator campaign as I have only started to get my feet wet in that part of the game. True Alien and Predator fans will enjoy this game more than others. Gamers will enjoy since you can play from 3 different perspectives as the game is very story driven. There is a lot of carnage from all sides which is very entertaining.
;D
I give this game an 8.9 out of 10 since there are some flaws but still is very fun experience.

thrown_hammer

thrown_hammer

So far I have an hour or two in the Alien campaign. I am not one to rush through a game so I can tell everyone how fast I finished it, so it will take me awhile to finish all three for sure.

Graphics are pretty good, but not AMAZING. I forgive that for three reasons. I don't judge gameplay by eyecandy, I think part of the bland design has a little to do with allowing the Alien to scamper around, and there never seemed to be alot of clutter in the Alien movies so it looks "correct".

Overall it feels like a 1999 reboot. The mechanics, the picking up of weapons, just the whole feel of the multiplayer is very "Quake" style. But I am okay with that because I have waited a very long time for this game to get made for a console that has the HP to run it.

So if they were aiming for new gamers that expect everything to play like COD, then they missed the mark by quite a bit. But if they were trying to appeal to nostalgic gamers that remember the originals, then bullseye.

Overall I will give it a 7/10. It is what I expected, but could of been alot more.

Very happy with it, and will play for a long time.

Curse

Curse

i pre ordered my ps3 copy and didnt get my skins and my redemption code for the maps isnt valid, SEGA can f*ck themselves

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed