Reasons The ALIEN PREQUEL OBVIOUSLY CANNOT INCLUDE ANYTHING LIKE PRIOR FILMS...

Started by Politikon, Feb 12, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Author
Reasons The ALIEN PREQUEL OBVIOUSLY CANNOT INCLUDE ANYTHING LIKE PRIOR FILMS... (Read 10,553 times)

SiL

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 13, 2010, 01:13:49 AM
If they were there to bring an organism, they knew there was something alive out there, there was something they had seen before.
Specious logic.

Mother worked out it was a warning signal fairly quickly. The Company sat on the transmission for months - It's entirely possible, if not likely, that they'd translated the entire transmission, or near enough, which may very well have described the aliens sitting in the hold.

Even if they hadn't, I don't suppose they'd have much of a way of knowing how old the transmission was. For all they knew it could have been fairly recent.

Federick Gonsa

Sil, you win. We will know when the prequel comes out.

Wolf The Predator

I believe that WY knew about the Xenomorphs way before the Nostromo went out on their "job" as a matter of fact I believe the entire thing was just a ploy to somehow attain a member of the xenomorph family for research, if not further research... Who knows for sure, but I believe WY knew about the Aliens Loooooooooong before the first alien movie, somewhat like the AVP movies imply.

- Wolf

Federick Gonsa

Thank you! wolf, that is the precise feeling I get everytime I watch the movie.

Wolf The Predator

Wolf The Predator

AVP movies aside I still believe that there was some plan by Weyland Yutani concerning the Nostromo, otherwise why would they of sent the android to search for the alien, which is exactly what his orders were? It wouldn't make sense for WY to say, okay your programing is to, if this is possible, find this xenomorph that we don't know the existence of and bring it to us alive... Wouldn't make any sense.

- Wolf

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Wolf The Predator on Feb 13, 2010, 07:28:24 AM
AVP movies aside I still believe that there was some plan by Weyland Yutani concerning the Nostromo, otherwise why would they of sent the android to search for the alien, which is exactly what his orders were? It wouldn't make sense for WY to say, okay your programing is to, if this is possible, find this xenomorph that we don't know the existence of and bring it to us alive... Wouldn't make any sense.

- Wolf

well, they probably could've put an android on board just to protect the Nostromo from pirates which is an idea that Ridley was going along with about the general purpose of these androids. But I suppose they also thought it would be ideal to have one receive the command to check out whatever was on the planetoid and to come back with what it could.

SiL

Exactly. SO937 was ridiculously vague, it simply says "organism". It doesn't show they knew about the Alien explicitly in the slightest.

The actions of the Company in the following two films speaks volumes.

Wolf The Predator

I still think Weyland Yutani knew about them, and if AVP was any account (Comics or movies cannon) then It proves that they actually did in fact know about them, which I believe they did, at least the higher up in the company.

- Wolf

SiL

In which case the first two Alien movies don't make any God-damned sense.

Wolf The Predator

I take offense To your language, Do not take the lords name in vain around me.

And why does it matter what our opinions on the movies are, believe what you will, as a fan of something we have the right to believe what we wish about certain things. And If I wish to believe that Ripley was a man with a feminine figure who could fly and lift buildings I can believe it if I want. All points lead that The higher ups of WY knew that the aliens existed, all of that bull about them not believing Ripley was about WY trying to study the creatures in malevolent ways, are you saying that WY doesn't have the capability to put people into harms way to further their understanding of things? Believe what you will, it could go either way, and I believe my way over yours. But that in no way gives you the right to blaspheme my God because I don't believe what you do about a freaking movie...

- Wolf

SiL

QuoteAll points lead that The higher ups of WY knew that the aliens existed,
No. They don't.

Re-routing space-truckers doesn't make sense. It would've been quicker to send a team straight to LV-426, a team that knew what it was doing, and what it was going after, that actually had a snowball's chance of returning a specimen. This is exactly what they do in Alien 3 when they know, 100%, of the Alien. Even then, even after losing a spaceship, a colony, and a platoon of marines, their idea of a specially equipped team is guys in Hazmat suits with a flimsy metal cage.

Doing nothing for 57 years while you build a colony on the same planet doesn't make sense. In the end it's not even the Company that goes looking for the Aliens - it's Burke, who makes it very clear he's out for personal gain and not acting on behalf of Company interests. If they knew about the Alien they wouldn't have waited that long, and if they actually believed Ripley there's not a chance they would've let Burke call the shots and get entitled to whatever was found.

QuoteI take offense To your language, Do not take the lords name in vain around me.
While I'm really sorry to have offended you, this is a public forum. You can read any post; I'd need to censor every one of them to avoid offending one person, and I'm not about to do that. I'll keep it in mind while addressing you specifically.

Wolf The Predator

I just believe that WY performed certain things to test the alien in certain circumstances... Do I believe they knew of the alien before, yes, do I believe they staged certain things to happen in an attempt at testing the Xenomorphs abilities yes. Let it be what it is, as a fan we have those rights...

And thank you for your discretion concerning my personal beliefs you could have been much worse about it.

- Wolf

Federick Gonsa

Why not make a poll asking people whether WY knew or not? Having the company know of the aliens makes much more sense, but at least we can see what people think, at least until the prequel comes out and answers the question once an for all.

Wolf The Predator

Opinion doesn't change fact, who knows? Who cares? What matters is the fact that they know now and all hell broke loose because of it... I've come to the conclusion that opinions don't go over to well on forums.

- Wolf

RomanianGuy

Wolf, I'm a Christian too, but I didn't find that offensive, because it's common language, like when being surprised and saying "Jesus Christ!", and plus, it was him who said it, so you didn't take lord's name in vain to be the sinful one. If it wasn't you who said it, why should you care? I personally think it was more offensive towards SiL, because every human has a personal opinion which shouldn't be broken. Maybe he doesn't adhere to your rules/ideology/religion, why do you care? He didn't even intend to offend you. That was really uncalled for, mister.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed