A L I E N (Giger original) CG

Started by locusta, Feb 09, 2010, 05:06:38 PM

Author
A L I E N (Giger original) CG (Read 94,858 times)

Huol

Huol

I hope you make this one a reasonable res.

Xhan

Xhan

Like 3840. Daddy needs a  new desktop.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: visagepoissons on Feb 13, 2010, 11:38:28 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2010, 11:19:28 PM
Sabres posted it in the Best Pic of an Alien thread, I hadn't seen it till then :P
Fair enough. That image is a goldmine in terms of reference pictures though.

Which brings me to an interesting question. What do you use for reference pictures, Locusta? Sketches? Memory? screen caps from the movie?

Correspondence with Giger, of course. There is no other way Locusta can do his work. It must be this.

visagepoissons

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 14, 2010, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: visagepoissons on Feb 13, 2010, 11:38:28 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2010, 11:19:28 PM
Sabres posted it in the Best Pic of an Alien thread, I hadn't seen it till then :P
Fair enough. That image is a goldmine in terms of reference pictures though.

Which brings me to an interesting question. What do you use for reference pictures, Locusta? Sketches? Memory? screen caps from the movie?

Correspondence with Giger, of course. There is no other way Locusta can do his work. It must be this.
lol, given the quality of his work, I'd believe that.

SiL

SiL

Correspondence with Giger would result in something that looked nothing like the movie creature :P

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Correspondence with Giger would result in creative hemorrhaging for anyone whose name isn't Giger.

chupacabras acheronsis

i vote for a forum award to our friend locusta for THE BEST f**kING ARTIST EVER  :D :D

Corporal Hicks

You have talent coming out of every orifice.

Razko82

Razko82

Really amazing work your doing ... keep it up and keep us posted  ;)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Locustas, this will be screen accurate yes? jaw tubes connect to its back not the the side of its head, skull under the dome, ribbed details painted on the skull not sculpted, and biomechanical workings and not fleshy yes? I hope you referenced production pics and not the HT or McFarlane figures. as them things are way too inaccurate.

btw would you like some help? I can provide pictures if you wish?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 14, 2010, 11:04:04 PM
Locustas, this will be screen accurate yes?
No, judging by the first picture.

Tubes connect at the back, inner skull, biomech - all there, but the skull ribbing is "sculpted" on, and there are minor, minor differences already visible.

But really, who cares if not every line is exactly where it was in the movie?

locusta

locusta

Many, many, many thanks to all of You!!

I´m very happy, You like so far what You see.

I´m sorry for the late and very, very short respond, but me and my ladies are in the process of moving to a bigger apartment and so everything is pretty messed up. Mostly my time schedule.

I come back to all Your questions and comments soon. Please understand.

Anyway, just for keeping things on the books, I post here two minor update pix which I already had posted at teh GBX forums but had´nt time to post here.

Minor changes on the main head-dome shape, mouth area, appendage spine at back of the neck as well as a bit tweaking of the textures and the dome transparency.

Thanks again and please stay patient.

Cheers

Markus

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Locusta, I adore your work... I love it.  ;D

These changes on the main head-dome shape are great, especially colour and texture. You added tail.Equilibrium. And I love this frontal view.
This is pure beauty.

peanut8

peanut8

Quote from: locusta on Feb 15, 2010, 09:43:01 AM

Beautiful.

Great work, Locusta.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2010, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 14, 2010, 11:04:04 PM
Locustas, this will be screen accurate yes?
No, judging by the first picture.

Tubes connect at the back, inner skull, biomech - all there, but the skull ribbing is "sculpted" on, and there are minor, minor differences already visible.

But really, who cares if not every line is exactly where it was in the movie?

everybody cares, its not the original 1979 Giger Alien if everything isn't as they should be. and yes, the ribbed details are infact painted on. if you look at the production stills of the movie, when Hans Giger is working on its head, you can clearly see that the ribbings on the head where infact painted on. infact, if you where to ask Giger himself he'll agree with me.

look, I ain't trying to sound like a jackass, and am not looking for an arguement. I am simply a Giger Alien enthuseist.

either way this CG work here is magnificent. and love every bit of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed