A L I E N (Giger original) CG

Started by locusta, Feb 09, 2010, 05:06:38 PM

Author
A L I E N (Giger original) CG (Read 94,854 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 15, 2010, 11:20:57 PM
everybody cares,
No, I'm pretty sure no-one but you is sweating whether or not every. Little. Detail. Is exact. Everyone else seems pretty OK with the idea of it being near enough as makes no difference.

Giger's Alien is the reason I watched the movies in the first place, but ... c'mon.

Quoteand yes, the ribbed details are infact painted on.
Not on Locusta's model, it isn't.

Which is what I was talking about. I know Giger painted the ribs on for the movie suit, but from the images posted, Locusta has "sculpted" them into the head.

To repost the image:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienReference/ALIEN/27720001e2.jpg

We could sit here all day pointing out the tiniest of inaccuracies - The dome isn't the exact right shape, the shoulder pad is too verticle, the protrusions on it aren't forward facing enough, the tube that runs above the mouth along the length of the head loops down beneath the head, the stinger on the end of the tail looks too big - but really, that's just unnecessary nitpicking.

I think we can all agree that even if not every etch and scratch is exactly where it was on the original, it's still an incredibly well done piece of work and near enough to the original that we would have to be really, really anal about the whole thing to even notice inaccuracies with it in the first place.

Don't mean to be an ass, just sayin'.  :P

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Magnificent.

As usual for you Locusta 8)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2010, 11:56:16 PM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 15, 2010, 11:20:57 PM
everybody cares,
No, I'm pretty sure no-one but you is sweating whether or not every. Little. Detail. Is exact. Everyone else seems pretty OK with the idea of it being near enough as makes no difference.

Giger's Alien is the reason I watched the movies in the first place, but ... c'mon.

Quoteand yes, the ribbed details are infact painted on.
Not on Locusta's model, it isn't.

Which is what I was talking about. I know Giger painted the ribs on for the movie suit, but from the images posted, Locusta has "sculpted" them into the head.

To repost the image:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienReference/ALIEN/27720001e2.jpg

We could sit here all day pointing out the tiniest of inaccuracies - The dome isn't the exact right shape, the shoulder pad is too verticle, the protrusions on it aren't forward facing enough, the tube that runs above the mouth along the length of the head loops down beneath the head, the stinger on the end of the tail looks too big - but really, that's just unnecessary nitpicking.

I think we can all agree that even if not every etch and scratch is exactly where it was on the original, it's still an incredibly well done piece of work and near enough to the original that we would have to be really, really anal about the whole thing to even notice inaccuracies with it in the first place.

Don't mean to be an ass, just sayin'.  :P

well, I'm not tryin to be an ass either, I just nitpick, I don't even know why, I do agree, it IS Locustas's CGI piece, not my scetchs. and its up to him on how he wishs to present the original Alien, and realy, the piece is Magnificent, I am hoping, that once its done, he'll be gracious enough to make a Desktop Background version so anybody (even me) can display it as a desktop wallpaper.

@Locustas, please tell me you can make some Desktop wallpapers with these for us to use right?

I'm not gonna sit here and argue about accuratecy, but I can't help but to nit-pick. its who I am.

but anywho, awsome work Locustas, btw hows the appartment you are in so far? just hope to god it ain't haunted.

War Wager

War Wager

There are no words to describe how pretty that is.

locusta

locusta

Many, many thanks to all of You for comments, critiques and just looking.

Since my moving to bigger flat is done, me and my ladies go on vacation now. I can´t just went away for a week, without leaving something behind.

Here a brief update of the Model, with some modifications, which You guys gave me as very helpful input. Thanks!

I won´t be able to answer the next few days, so please stay patient. I´ll be back ;)

Enjoy

Cheers

Markus

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Very nice indeed.

peanut8

peanut8

This is great, Locusta.

But how about some more Runner work? I'd really love to see some more of that.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Locusta wins again  ;D

keylight-di

keylight-di

Locusta, this is brilliant.
Especially the tail, perfect frame ... I love it.

locusta

locusta

Many thanks guys.

Well, me is back and I got a bit time left in busy life, so I worked a bit on getting further with this one.

Few minor mesh tweaks and mainly adjusting the textures. Added some color variations in the diffuse and gave him a Gloss map to balance the reflections and lights.

The dome map was reworked a bit too.

Always highly appreciate your c & c.

So long.

Markus

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: locusta on Mar 08, 2010, 09:22:07 PM

"The perfect organism..."

Well done man, well done.

Huol

Huol

Mind making some bigger pictures?

I'd love to use this as a wallpaper.

chupacabras acheronsis

i dream of seeing the giger side by side with the Cameron alien and the dogalien, with the queen on the background sorrounded by eggs, all while a dark blue mist covers the hive...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Locusta should probably be working on the next Alien-inclusive game/movie/whatever. This is brilliant.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Seconding that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed