Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 79,098 times)

tigerija

tigerija

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 17, 2010, 04:40:51 PM
Perhaps the Marines could spawn in waves in Predator Hunt?

If you die as a Marine then you don't respawn until every else has died, a.k.a. you respawn as an entire team? Each kill could earn time for the Pred and all but if he killed everyone he could get a huge time increase seeing as he's just that good.

I woul like to see that opinion in almost every mode, specially TDM, or team elimination so called. It would make game A LOT MORE INTERESTING. Coz you would play more carefully, and you wont rush in order to get more frags, what takes all feeling away...

hardwired

hardwired

Its always the same with frag or timelimits: They force you to hurry.  >:( In this game i really dont like that.

I imagine of how the first Predator movie would be, if the predator have to hurry to hunt down all, cause his wife, wanted him to buy something and got to be early at home, cause if not, his wife beats him up (i read somewhere females preds were bigger  :-[)

Koalah85

Koalah85

Not being able to join Infestation of Pred-Hunt as a group (2 or more players) is simply dumb. I was hoping to try out all the game modes in multiplayer with a friend but both of these are only available if you join solo.

The limitations (this and a time-limit on pred-hunt) are incredibly frustrating. :(

ObiFett

ObiFett

You can join infestation or pred hunt as a group.  You just can't join ranked infestation and pred hunt matches as a group.  Its to prevent boosting.

Tyranix

Tyranix

After playing the full game for about a day. I find the match making is a huge and complete flaw on the consoles. No, I'm not complaining that we didn't get dedicated servers, I find most hosts do just find so far.

What I mean is how these ranked matches work.

For example. How it will search for other players in a rather short amount of time, put you in a lobby and the game starts in 20 seconds. If you had the game lobby sit for more than 20 seconds I think things would work out way better if you sit and wait for more people, or if the host had control of when we start so he could wait for more people

Another problem is with the ranked mode balancing system. I understand you want to keep things balanced, but I don't like that I can't even pick my race unless the team numbers are just right. I get thrown into a match and that's what I am. Team Death Match was awesome in the old games, in this game it will only be awesome when I can have a say of which race I want. What's worse is you'll get ina  game, hear marine players saying they wish they could be alien, and alien players saying they wish they could be a marine.

I understand that they want to keep balance. I also understand if you want to have your way, play friendly matches. But I find some of the ranked matches not as fun because you don't get your choice. I am just saying maybe be alittle more lenient with balancing, or allow people to pick at the start or have a 'prefered species' selection, where you'd be voted to that race if there is room. Or whichever.

Also, anyone else having the problem where peoples mics cut out or you just can't hear each other on the PS3 version?

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Tyranix on Feb 17, 2010, 07:45:54 PM
After playing the full game for about a day. I find the match making is a huge and complete flaw on the consoles. No, I'm not complaining that we didn't get dedicated servers, I find most hosts do just find so far.

What I mean is how these ranked matches work.

For example. How it will search for other players in a rather short amount of time, put you in a lobby and the game starts in 20 seconds. If you had the game lobby sit for more than 20 seconds I think things would work out way better if you sit and wait for more people, or if the host had control of when we start so he could wait for more people

Another problem is with the ranked mode balancing system. I understand you want to keep things balanced, but I don't like that I can't even pick my race unless the team numbers are just right. I get thrown into a match and that's what I am. Team Death Match was awesome in the old games, in this game it will only be awesome when I can have a say of which race I want. What's worse is you'll get ina  game, hear marine players saying they wish they could be alien, and alien players saying they wish they could be a marine.

I understand that they want to keep balance. I also understand if you want to have your way, play friendly matches. But I find some of the ranked matches not as fun because you don't get your choice. I am just saying maybe be alittle more lenient with balancing, or allow people to pick at the start or have a 'prefered species' selection, where you'd be voted to that race if there is room. Or whichever.

Also, anyone else having the problem where peoples mics cut out or you just can't hear each other on the PS3 version?

I agree, it kind of irked me when i got in my first TDM and there were 4 preds, 5 marines, (me) and 1 alien (what i wanted to be but couldn't).

As for the mic issue i think thats an individual thing since there are so many options for people.  I dont have many problems with people hearing me using the PS3 mic but some people do sound like garbage.

Tyranix

Tyranix

I only notice it so ofte because I often play with pals of mine and once in awhile out of random, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I was asking before where I could contact Rebellion to report the problem, but got no response. I guess I'm too used to online games that have official forums :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Use the thread we have here to speak with Eric. Hopefully he answers.

richer

richer

Quote from: Tyranix on Feb 17, 2010, 07:45:54 PM

I agree with the fact that it would be sweet to be able to pick your own race, but it's sort of a necessary evil.

1- It forces you to enjoy/play every race.

2- It speeds up matchmaking by just looking for player instead of searching for > available Alien player of rank # <

Though i would like to be able to play as my fav race, i would rather just play  ;D

Darkenmal

Darkenmal

Not bashing the game guys, love it just as much as you do, but like and great game, there are flaws. And if Rebellion can fix them like they fixed things in the past, (AVP Demo, AVP Classic), then there is hope to build a strong community. (Writing this as a PS3 gamer, but this could be applied for any console really.)

1. More maps. (DLC is "coming this month")

2. More modes. (Would be awesome)

3. Option to see how many people are online. (Not a must, but I would love to have it.)

4. Fix Leaderboards. (Dunno if they are already fixed or not)

5. Dedicated Servers (A must! And it also happened on the PS3 Demo, so it would be sorta dumb if the Demo got the dedicated and the full game didn't)

6. Option to play ranked in parties with friends. (A must also. I like the idea of playing unranked with friends, but we need the option to play Ranked.)

7. Survivor Mode. (Change it so you can revive people if they die, so they don't have to wait 5-30 mins for the game to finish.)

8. Just to support the game. (Tell the community that your still active in trying to support the game. I/we understand that you have to move to other projects, but if you do, try to leave it in the best state possible. Example : Halo 2,3)

9.??

10.??

I may add more later or delete some if the issues are removed.

Baasje92

Baasje92

please delete that halo 2, 3.

Halo sucks in my oppinion and this is nothing like and is not supposed to become anything like it. PLEASE DELETE IT

Deus.EXE

Deus.EXE

I searched... but only came up with about a thousand results from AvP2, and nothing I could actually see as something similar to this.  So... Yea.  Post your ideas on what you would like to see patched in the future.

Matchmaking-
~Ranked.  Either allow players to remain in lobby after a match, or bring them back to the Quick Match instead of the Main MP Menu.

MP Game Modes-
Infestation-
~Gives Aliens half points for assist damage (Per block of health removed).  It is a team effort after all.  *1
~Gives Marines 15-20% of the points they would normally receive for kills, as opposed to 0%.  Keeps players from suiciding.  *2

Predator Hunt-
~Randomize Spawn locations for the Predators weaponry.  This would help keep players from camping the more powerful weapons.

-----------------------------------------------------------
*1 -  I can't count how many times I'll hit a Marine and just about kill him, just to have Mc.XenoPants run up and grab him and get full credit.
*2 -  Again, I can't count how many times I'll run away from the group who just wants to sit in a corner, get attacked by Xeno's, fight them off 2-3 at a time, get 11+ kill streaks, be the last man standing... and get 0 points outside of the 100 or so Match Time bonus.  Because of this, I have also seen many players jump off and suicide at the beginning of the match so they can become the Alien.

Tyranix

Tyranix

I know I heard form another dev that there is some sort of "host rating" systems, which picks the host via their history as far as dropping mid-game is concerned. But what about ping? I just joined a match that was so laggy, it reminded me of my old dial up connection.

I of course in time timed out from the game and got kicked so the kills I amazingly accomplished as an alien through the thick lag were taken from me. I once was attacking a guy from behind, and he was suddenly behind me doing a stealth kill on me.

So my questions are, is something going to be put in place to avoid host being picked that have bad ping. Is there going to be a way to tell who the host is, so we know weather or he/she should stay or leave for the good of the game. Lastly, anything in place to deal with this rather irritating lag switching problem? I get people will cheat and use the lag switch and there isn't much that can be done. But when the lag switch is also the host, it's rather annoying.

KaXaSA

KaXaSA

Well I posted this before but my topic got merged with another and no one gave it any attention  :'( -ya I know sad story- probablybecauseitsucks oh wait...  ::)

well this seems to be the right topic to discuss stuff like this so...

when you're in that big room (demo) if you want to go from the ceiling to the floor, you can't use the jump key transition because you're too far from the floor, instead you must use the transition key, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRyarOvN-Ao
ya I know ::)

I wish we could jump from any surface to another regardless of distance. If you're in the ceiling and want to jump to the wall that's a little too far, you would simply fall to the ground and not make to it.

That would also apply to the video above, I'm on the ceiling in the middle of the room if I want to go down I would simply face to the direction I want to go and jump, the alien would jump, like the avp2 pounce, ok lies  :-X nobody want to see flying aliens ever again lol, well I don't, actually it would just jump foward and land on the floor.

I know.. great ideia... genius, you guys are probably asking yourselves "omg how come nobody had this amazing ideia before" ya... they should invite me to work with them or at least to beta test their next game..  ;D

Inglorious

Inglorious

As it is, I think it's really balanced. But a couple of things could use fixing. Aside from Matchmaking and all that jazz, hopefully the upcoming Dedicated Servers will fix most of the problems of actually connecting to a an occupied room.

Alien: Being able to jump while wall-crawling and sticking to whatever surface without aiming. Being able to Trophy Kill while wall-walking. Giving them the Stealth Kill while wall walking would be over powered. As is, some Alien players run right past you and go for a cheap Stealth Kill.

Predator: Spear does not de-cloak. As is, there's really no reason to use Spear over the other weapons. It's one of those weapons in an FPS that you pick up just because you haven't gotten one of the better weapons yet. It would be fair, and give us a reason to use it over the Disk and Shoulder Cannon.

Marine: A buff and a nerf. Buff Flamethrower. This desperately needs to be buffed in effectiveness in that it either (A) sets enemies on fire and they stay on fire (like in AVP 2000) or (B) give it some push-back or up the damage. The only thing I don't like is that the Smartgun can stop a player in their tracks as it fires on them. I can handle it being able to pick up enemies instantly, but giving it the ability to stop you from running is too much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed