AvP Gold coming to Steam

Started by ikarop, Jan 15, 2010, 09:27:09 AM

Author
AvP Gold coming to Steam (Read 37,686 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Rebellion is releasing the original 1999 version of Aliens vs. Predator in the run-up to its new game of the same name, with the 11 year old game coming to Steam at a budget price.

Initially the game will ship with the single-player mode only with a free patch that enables multiplayer following soon after. Rebellion's CEO Jason Kingsley said that Aliens vs. Predator's budget price will reflect this, telling IGN "It'll be very cheap – and it shows it's age a little bit, but it is frightening and it is difficult. We will in due course fix up the multiplayer – and we'll make sure it's a free download."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1061386p1.html

BUY IT NOW: http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

This is GREAT news. Spread awareness a bit. Does this mean that multi player matches will be easier to do?

nexus

nexus

i'll admit im thick...whats steam?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Awesome. I might have to buy this just so I can finally play multiplayer properly again.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

any info on a possible fix for the gfx bug?

Brother

Brother

And it had issues with newer OSs.

alpha defekt

alpha defekt

I was just having the urge to play AvP on PC again. Then what do you know... I check the site and something is up about it! Yay!

I was hoping they would somehow put it on XBL or PSN, that I'd sad to hear. Oh well. Fingers crossed maybe?

EC jay

EC jay

I think it's safe to say it'll work  ;)
if a modder can make a fix for these things, I'm sure rebellion can do it too  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If the MP works on something different from an IP-to-IP basis I might get the Steam version. I just hope the Steam version will work with normal as well - if it is still IP-to-IP.

LordShambler

LordShambler

BETTER 10 YEARS LATE THAN NEVER  8)

man i'll be playing this more than the new game/

Proj2501

Proj2501

*Curses himself for using a Mac*

It be oh-so-very nice to see even 1 of the two platforms get this. This game swallowed up days upon days of my life when I was so much younger.

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

This is great news. I've never played this game online so I guess I'm getting this once the multiplayer is out. And if it doesn't have problems with newer systems.

Brother

Brother

People could play via IP before, there has to be something more.

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

I already own gold but since they are adding multiplayer I don't mind buying it a second time just use a server for it and it will be good. That being said I hope they consider bringing it for the consoles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed