AvP Gold coming to Steam

Started by ikarop, Jan 15, 2010, 09:27:09 AM

Author
AvP Gold coming to Steam (Read 37,682 times)

Brother

Brother

It's an opportunity for extra $$ so I 'm not sure. But you shouldn't pay for a game you already own. Then again that might be the purpose of the low price - everybody will buy.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Sounds like good new to me.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Man i really hope they release this on xbox live marketplace seeing as how their avp campaign is going insane.

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jan 15, 2010, 11:46:42 PM
Do you think they will release a patch for those who don't want to download it and keep using the disc version? Or will Rebellion insist everyone give them their money?
Its only 5 dollars whenever they give updated multiplayer it will be worth it considering how dead it was before.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Brother on Jan 15, 2010, 11:54:58 PM
It's an opportunity for extra $$ so I 'm not sure. But you shouldn't pay for a game you already own. Then again that might be the purpose of the low price - everybody will buy.
I already owned it and I bought it on Steam, mostly for convenience of not needing a disc, and because my AvP1 disc was showing its age and didn't like installing anymore.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

You don't need the disc to play the disc version of AVP Gold. Only reason for the disc is installation.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

So will this run better on my com? Like did they fix some stuff up to make it run smoother and more compatible? Cause every time i tried to play AvP 1 it was always buggy, either in controls, graphics, or the opening movies.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

This may be the first actual purchase I make via steam, if only for the multiplayer. It may tide me over for a while since SEGA'S NOT RELEASING A HUNTER EDITION OF THE NEW GAME FOR PC SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO F***ING BUY A HUNTER EDITION FOR A SYSTEM I DON'T EVEN OWN.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 16, 2010, 05:31:26 AM
This may be the first actual purchase I make via steam, if only for the multiplayer. It may tide me over for a while since SEGA'S NOT RELEASING A HUNTER EDITION OF THE NEW GAME FOR PC SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO F***ING BUY A HUNTER EDITION FOR A SYSTEM I DON'T EVEN OWN.

Well that stinks. I wasn't going to buy it anyway as the regular version costs enough as it is. I've never played AVP Gold so I'll try and buy this soon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jan 16, 2010, 02:50:56 AM
You don't need the disc to play the disc version of AVP Gold. Only reason for the disc is installation.
That's why I mentioned installation in my post. :)

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

i like that its now on steam and i dont need the disc anymore and when they fix the multiplayer that you can join over steam without hamachi shit its full of win but right now i suffer in the new released version bad mouse acceleration what is realy realy bad .... hope they fix it

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 16, 2010, 05:31:26 AM
SEGA'S NOT RELEASING A HUNTER EDITION OF THE NEW GAME FOR PC SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO F***ING BUY A HUNTER EDITION FOR A SYSTEM I DON'T EVEN OWN.

Erm.

Wrong.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Just bought my copy im playing it with my Xbox 360 controller in 1920x1200 resolution I wonder if they will do this for AVP2 Gold also i played AVP 2 recently AVP2 max resolution is 1600x1200 they should fix it and add 16:10 wide screen 1920x1200 also give it

System Requirements

Processor: Pentium II 400 MMX
Memory: 128MB
Graphics: DirectX compatible graphics card
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive:500MB
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
Controller Support: XBox 360 Controller for Windows

Brother

Brother

Rebellion has nothing to do with AvP2, neither does SEGA.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Quote from: Brother on Jan 16, 2010, 12:35:19 PM
Rebellion has nothing to do with AvP2, neither does SEGA.

It's still Fox Interactive thats what STEAM has Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 categorized as

Title: Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000
Genre: Action
Developer: Rebellion
Publisher: Fox Interactive
Release Date: Mar 28, 2000
Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed