ace3g

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 03, 2020, 11:15:24 AM
I just adore John de Lancie.
Discord FTW

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

After watching ST3 again, it just occurred to me: why did Kirk return to Genesis?  Spock's katra was already in McCoy's head.  Why didn't they just go straight to Vulcan?  Did they know Spock was alive?  If so, there's a pretty significant scene missing in which they found out about that.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I came across this interview of DeForest Kelley. I thought I'd share it if anyone else hasn't seen it.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 21, 2020, 02:56:15 AM
After watching ST3 again, it just occurred to me: why did Kirk return to Genesis?  Spock's katra was already in McCoy's head.  Why didn't they just go straight to Vulcan?  Did they know Spock was alive?  If so, there's a pretty significant scene missing in which they found out about that.

I always thought it was to unite the katra and the body.  They didn't expect to find Spock alive.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Concept art for The Motion Picture.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 21, 2020, 06:39:52 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 21, 2020, 02:56:15 AM

I always thought it was to unite the katra and the body.  They didn't expect to find Spock alive.

Why would they want to unite his katra with a corpse?  I always thought the whole point was to transfer their katras into a living body before they died.

"I had assumed he mind melded with you.  It is the Vulcan way when the body's end is near."

The theoretical missing scene should have been set immediately after David and Saavik found Spock's empty tube and heard him cry out.  The one we actually got was Kirk asking Admiral Morrow to let him take the Enterprise back to Genesis.

SM

SM

Not sure how it works, but the body must be involved since Spock through Bones asks Kirk 'Why did you leave me on Genesis?'.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Some model work for V'ger.

ace3g

ace3g

Live in 22 hours
April 29, 6:30 PM CST
We're watching Star Trek: First Contact with director and star Jonathan Frakes! The eighth Star Trek movie marked Frakes' feature film directorial debut, though he had previously directed multiple episodes of TNG, Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

So grab your copy of Star Trek: First Contact and sync up with us for this one-of-a-kind movie night! While we won't be playing the movie in our stream, we encourage you to watch Star Trek: First Contact along with us on your own devices for the full live commentary experience

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1255663783885762560

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wrong show, CinemaSpot. It's been a while since I watched Menagerie. Did Kirk even have anything to do with Pike prior to taking command in the "prime" timeline?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

IIRC, they were well enough acquainted that Kirk called him "Chris" in The Menagerie, but I don't think they ever served together on the same ship.

Maybe the Enterprise will encounter the Farragut or something.

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed