Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,456 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 28, 2020, 03:30:19 PM
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1220844868068462592?s

Huh... I guess the logo designer is a Trek fan. Well, it's certainly better than what that Disney artist did to The Little Mermaid!  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2020, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 28, 2020, 03:30:19 PM
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1220844868068462592?s

Huh... I guess the logo designer is a Trek fan. Well, it's certainly better than what that Disney artist did to The Little Mermaid!  :laugh:

Sometimes people just see what they want to see

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So this Picard show was thoroughly underwhelming.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For me it's been strongest during the reunion moments, and their daughter whose name I can't currently but was named after Deanna's dead sister, was absolutely wonderful. I am bored of these mystery box stories now though, and would like them to try something different next.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When Riker and Picard were just sitting on the pond and discussing retirement, I kept wishing the latter would say something like "James Kirk warned me about this."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Picard would probably rather not think about the time he failed to save a legend.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And all that "greatest captain ever" talk would have been amusing if someone said "besides James T. Kirk?"

SM

SM

Finished the 'original' film run last night with Nemesis.  I think it's slightly better then Insurrection, but both are pretty dull.  In fact most of Next Gen stuff is dull.  Even First Contact which is generally pretty decent, the characters apart form Picard and Data are just boring and interchangeable.

The space battles in Nemesis and Insurrection are more flashy, but ultimately a bit boring.  The much slower battle in Khan was way more exciting.  Enterprise ramming the Scimitar was cool - but why didn't they just ram them again after the Scimitar pulled back?  Data's leap through space had potential too, but was badly edited.  Even the whole idea of Data and Picard having these mirror images had potential - but they were just both completely plucked out of nowhere.  On what planet did they think this would be a fitting conclusion to Next Generation?  And it would've been really great to see Picard lose it when Data is killed.  Turn around and fling the transporter button thing at the wall or something.  Both Insurrection and Nemesis just seemed completely inconsequential.  About as inconsequential as Kirk dying to save the population of a planet we never see...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Now you need to watch Picard and let us know whether you dig or bury.

SM

SM

Is it on Amazon?  I think the First Lady recently signed up for a trial.  Might give it a crack.  The Boys first though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think it's available on Amazon outside the US.  That would be you.  Now for a well-edited compiiation of inspirational Trek speeches.

The Old One

The Old One

I just adore John de Lancie.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

^ Agent Darkbootie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed