All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,485 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't say I'm familiar with him but he looks like Hunter, I reckon.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Highland on Mar 28, 2018, 12:01:13 PM
Is discovery worth a watch or should I start the next generation again....

Netflix problems.

Is good, i only watched the first season, is very different but at the same time keeps the essence of what Star Trek is and has a budget way bigger than ever before and than most netflix shows which are very cheap.

Vermillion

ace3g

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

So is there any news about whether the first season of Discovery will be on Netflix stateside?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it's ever going to come across to Netflix state-side. Perhaps home release?

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/06/star-trek-discovery-showrunners-harberts-berg-out-for-season-2/

QuoteSources say the decision to oust Berg and Harberts was based not on the creative but instead for leadership and operational issues. Production on Discovery's first five episodes of season two are near completion, with Kurtzman likely taking over for episode six and beyond. Berg and Harberts, who were longtime collaborators with original showrunner Fuller, will likely still be credited on the episodes they oversaw.

Sources say the budget for the season two premiere ballooned, with the overages expected to come out of subsequent episodes from Discovery's sophomore run.

Insiders also stress that Berg and Harberts became increasingly abusive to the Discovery writing staff, with the latter said to have leaned across the writers' room table while shouting an expletive at a member of the show's staff.

Multiple writers are said to have been uncomfortable working on the series and had threatened to file a complaint with human resources or quit the series altogether before informing Kurtzman of the issues surrounding Berg and Harberts.

After hearing rumors of HR complaints, Harberts is said to have threatened the staff to keep concerns with the production an internal matter.

SM

SM

What charming chaps they seem.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Berg's a women, actually. Regardless, it's not the kind of behaviour you expect to hear from people running a Star Trek show...then again Gene wasn't exactly a shining beacon of humanity at times.

SM

SM

Indeed.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Cracking the whip. 
Worked for Gene in the 60s.
Damn these whiny Starbucks screenwriting millennials.

Wweyland

Wweyland

So is the Tarantino version still on?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 19, 2018, 06:25:41 PM
So is the Tarantino version still on?

According to reports he is still working on it but it will be on hold for a bit because he's going to start directing his next flick this year.

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed