Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,534 times)

SM

SM

Or his second set of eyelids...

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 25, 2018, 01:48:36 AM
Quote from: bb-15 on Feb 24, 2018, 08:48:15 PMI'm not happy that the writers have Burnham being raised by Ambassador Sarek. How come we never heard about that before?
The same reason we had never heard of Sybok before.  Or katras.  Or pon farr.  Spock does not always share information when he doesn't have to.  Heck, he didn't even admit who his parents were until they were literally standing in front of Kirk.

That is a good explanation for why Spock never mentioned an adopted sister.
But it doesn't put to rest my problem that Starfleet personnel throughout the franchise never brought up this notorious adopted sister, Michael Burnham, in conversations with/or about Spock, Amanda Grayson (his mom) or Sarek.

;)

SM

SM

Not a topic for polite conversation.

Plus Spock can always get around it by saying no one ever asked him if he had an adopted sister.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2018, 06:53:39 AM
Not a topic for polite conversation.

Plus Spock can always get around it by saying no one ever asked him if he had an adopted sister.

I'm rolling with it SM.
Of all the retcons in "Discovery", I'm pretty OK with this one.

I wonder though if in the future, will the studio add more children to the Sarek family?
Maybe in the next 50 years of the franchise?

;)

SM

SM

Sarek & Amanda Plus Eight.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Amanda is the chick from Not Another Teen Movie. 
She likes Cleveland Steamers. 

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2018, 07:37:00 PM
Sarek & Amanda Plus Eight.

Funny.  :laugh:

I had forgotten about that Kate Gosselin train wreak.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Plus_8

;)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Vermillion on Feb 27, 2018, 12:47:53 AM
Amanda is the chick from Not Another Teen Movie. 
She likes Cleveland Steamers.

She shows up at the 53 second part...lol

https://youtu.be/zKzChFpv_aM

SM

SM

I was ready to give up on Discovery until they beat the cloaked Klingon ship and then jumped into the mirror universe.

Up till then it had been pretty dull and dour and miserable without any light or humour.  After they went into the mirror universe, it got pretty good and managed to maintain it when they go back.  The production design is baffling considering the timeframe, and Burnham is unfortunately the least interesting character (with the most interesting - Isaacs and Yeoh - now both absent).  But I think there's definitely potential now.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Highland

Highland

Is discovery worth a watch or should I start the next generation again....

Netflix problems.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Give it a go, see what you think.

SM

SM

It's worth persevering through the early eps to get to the good stuff in the last third of the series.

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed