All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,383 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 17, 2013, 01:18:40 PM
'Fake' lens flares? They are quite real, my friend:

Anyways, they weren't even as obvious in this one as they were in the first. Not that I care either way; they are a trademark of Abrams' style and I am perfectly fine with them.

Hmm ok the lens flares were real, fair enough, I still thought it was excessive compared to the first film, but then I've only just seen this one so... :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you haven't seen the first how can you compare them? :D

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 17, 2013, 01:38:12 PM
If you haven't seen the first how can you compare them? :D

Eh???  What do you mean?  I never said I hadn't seen the first film, in fact I clearly indicated I had seen it.  I was saying it was the first time I'd seen the new one so I can't really compare them too much... just didn't enjoy Into Darkness first time like I did the original Abrams film!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahhh, sorry. When you said:

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 17, 2013, 01:37:14 PM
[...]but then I've only just seen this one so... :-\

I though you meant that this was the only one you've seen. My mistake.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

^^peace bro^^

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You think there is peace... It is an illusion.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Yay, I am going to go see this tomorrow  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Seeing this in 1.5 hours, yay!!!

ace3g

ace3g

Spoiler
Did anyone else notice Tim Russ who played Tuvok on ST: Voyager?  He was on the Vengeance.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No, I did not. If I see it a second time, I'll watch for it.

So this film was f**kING AMAZING. 10/10, easily. I think it might actually be better than Wrath of Khan. Speaking of which...

Spoiler
I knew it. My suspicions about who John Harrison really was were correct all along. It was too obvious from the get-go.
[close]

orchidal

orchidal

Gotta wait til Sunday and...it....tasks me!!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 13, 2013, 04:25:55 AM
Quote from: Remonster on May 13, 2013, 02:12:29 AM
Spoiler
It doesn't really matter though. I fail to see why people are making a huge deal over a white guy playing Kahn. How is it any different than a Spaniard playing him.
[close]

Spoiler
It matters because they even have Spock The Elder reiterate his full name, with all its obvious connotations.

But skin tone is almost trivial. What really matters is that his personality is completely different. His voice, his mannerisms, his body language - even his way of thinking. The poetic, playful cunning, which always made the character so compelling to watch, is gone.

Doesn't necessarily mean that this character is worse (although, I'd argue that this version won't be as memorable as the original), but it does make him unquestionably different. It's an entertaining film, but it definitely left me with the impression that it was pointless making him out to be the same character when they went to such lengths (whether intentionally or accidentally) to make them nothing alike.
[close]

Given that this film series is supposed to be a reboot of the series, changes are inevitable. It's a new take on the character and I liked it personally.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 17, 2013, 11:54:20 PM

So this film was f**kING AMAZING. 10/10, easily. I think it might actually be better than Wrath of Khan.
Spoiler
Speaking of which...

I knew it. My suspicions about who John Harrison really was were correct all along. It was too obvious from the get-go.
[close]
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2013, 12:08:11 AM
Spoiler
It doesn't really matter though. I fail to see why people are making a huge deal over a white guy playing Kahn. How is it any different than a Spaniard playing him.
[close]

Spoiler
It matters because they even have Spock The Elder reiterate his full name, with all its obvious connotations.

But skin tone is almost trivial. What really matters is that his personality is completely different. His voice, his mannerisms, his body language - even his way of thinking. The poetic, playful cunning, which always made the character so compelling to watch, is gone.

Doesn't necessarily mean that this character is worse (although, I'd argue that this version won't be as memorable as the original), but it does make him unquestionably different. It's an entertaining film, but it definitely left me with the impression that it was pointless making him out to be the same character when they went to such lengths (whether intentionally or accidentally) to make them nothing alike.
[close]

Spoiler
Given that this film series is supposed to be a reboot of the series, changes are inevitable. It's a new take on the character and I liked it personally.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2013, 12:18:24 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 17, 2013, 11:54:20 PM

So this film was f**kING AMAZING. 10/10, easily. I think it might actually be better than Wrath of Khan.
Spoiler
Speaking of which...

[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]
http://i.imgur.com/5SqGMLx.jpg

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed.

Spoiler
I haven't seen Wrath of Khan yet (though I would love to check out the old films soon), but any differences in personality can be chalked up to the different circumstances in this alternate universe that lead to Khan's interactions with the Federation.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed