All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,344 times)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 17, 2012, 05:39:59 AM
I never bothered with ENT because I think Scott Bakula is an arrogant motherf**ker. I remember once watching one of his interviews and he actually had the nerve to say that he's the only ST captain that has ever bled. Like really? f**k off ::)

I never watched Enterprise but I used to love Quantum Leap, so maybe I'm biased, but I don't think that sounds arrogant as much as just misinformed.

oh yeah and as Cpl Hicks says, all the aliens look human for the same reason as in Stargate, because the galaxy was seeded with life by Humanoid aliens.
people laud Farscape for having more interesting aliens, but they are still predominantly humanoid, and that was never explained in the show.
also everyone speaking English is because they have advanced translators, and the failings of the translators are shown in several episodes such as the Darmok and Jalaad at Tenagra (sp?) episode etc.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I vaguely remember that the Farscape humanoids where descendants of "transplanted earth humans". My mind could be playing tricks on me, though. :laugh:

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Farscape... Now that was a good show.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Blacklabel on Dec 17, 2012, 01:06:24 PM
I vaguely remember that the Farscape humanoids where descendants of "transplanted earth humans". My mind could be playing tricks on me, though. :laugh:

The Peacekeepers/Sebastions were originally humans from Earth who had their evolution sped up if I recall.

On Bakula and Ent; I know the Captains tended to be focused on heavily, almost a tradition since Kirk, but I felt in later series it was toned down and other crew members could shine, but it felt to me that Bakula in practically in every f***ing scene seriously I thought what the hell is the point of the crew since Captain Quantom Leap over there can fricken do it all himself. Sorry to rant but personally I felt bakula was one of the weakest elements in the show.

As for the humans seeding i thought it was only the species of teh Alpha quadrant that were seeded? If that is correct how to explain the unimagintaive Voyager aliens? (other than budget restrictions of course)

ace3g

ace3g

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Fantastic!

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 17, 2012, 04:39:37 PM
new trailer:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

I'll post YT when available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZE4gqGV6HM#ws

...this has just been placed right on top of my most anticipated movies list.

Nrage

Nrage

Thanks for posting, most curious is the rows of people frozen in cryotubes at 0:55, very much hinting at the botany bay, but I'm still not jumping on the Kahn bandwagon. I wonder what all those people are doing there. The more they show the more questions and fewer answers it seems.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

OH GAD MI NEPOLSE

Nrage

Nrage

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 17, 2012, 05:54:55 PM
OH GAD MI NEPOLSE

Oh sorry, sometimes my fingers get a mind of their own.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Don't worry about it.

Spoiler
In fact, keep going.
[close]

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I wish I could feel the excitement everyone else is.. :(

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm excited because of the good will the last movie earned, the visuals, and Cumberbatch.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Good to see some new stuff.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Loved that shot of Spock falling down in the city.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed