Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,530 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 15, 2012, 07:08:04 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 15, 2012, 06:25:10 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?&v=dnDUwzlv2ZM

God.... just 9 minutes and this movie already shows how stupid it is.

Spoiler
If they are on a planet of alien cavemen why the hell are they hiding underwater instead of being in orbit like they ALWAYS DO in Trek?

And then they cant teleport because they dont have "line of sight?" What the hell does that mean? They are never in "line of sight " in freaking Trek when teleporting. Well, almost never. And then there's the fact that in the last movie Scotty with the help of Old Spock invented that super duper teleporter that could teleport people light years away into a target that is moving at Warp speed with little trouble and all of that sudden that was forgotten? Now some rock formations pose a problem?
[close]

God, seriously, these movies are as dumb as all the Transformers flick. 

I won't even bother replying to this post.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Spoiler
If they are on a planet of alien cavemen why the hell are they hiding underwater instead of being in orbit like they ALWAYS DO in Trek?

And then they cant teleport because they dont have "line of sight?" What the hell does that mean? They are never in "line of sight " in freaking Trek when teleporting. Well, almost never. And then there's the fact that in the last movie Scotty with the help of Old Spock invented that super duper teleporter that could teleport people light years away into a target that is moving at Warp speed with little trouble and all of that sudden that was forgotten? Now some rock formations pose a problem?
[close]

Really? The first one was a pretty amazing flick, I can't see the video but I'm sure there's nothing in a 9 min clip to guarantee this is such a stupid movie, wait until it comes out to make claims like that please

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 15, 2012, 07:24:24 PM

Spoiler

[close]

You know that you just did, right?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 15, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 15, 2012, 07:24:24 PM

Spoiler

[close]

You know that you just did, right?

I obviously meant writing a reply to the content of your post. I'm not retarded enough to say that while posting a reply.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

JJ's Star Trek movies are nothing like Bayformers. The 2009 film was the best Star Trek movie since 1996. Love it or hate it, it was sure better then the last two TNG movies before it.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 15, 2012, 08:59:16 PM
JJ's Star Trek movies are nothing like Bayformers. The 2009 film was the best Star Trek movie since 1996. Love it or hate it, it was sure better then the last two TNG movies before it.

As big a fan as I am of ST, I never really did care for the movies all that much.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The movies got me into the franchise. I didn't know what Star Trek was until 1996 when First Contact came out when I was only five years old.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 15, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
The movies got me into the franchise. I didn't know what Star Trek was until 1996 when First Contact came out when I was only five years old.

Ah cool, have you gone back and watched the series? God, 5 years old... makes me feel old lol.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It been a while since I watched any of the shows. I might re-watch all of the shows on Netflix next year before the movie comes out. I hope Netflix will still have them by then.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Eva on Dec 13, 2012, 09:50:15 PM
It's a bit of a shame that aliens in the Star Trek universe, just basically look like humans with a bit of goofy make-up applied to them, speaking perfectly English and all that. What's the point of exploring alien worlds when the aliens you encounter, are basically just like us? :D

To some degree that's dealt with by the Progenitors.

And Scar and Daddy, behave guys. Thanks.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2012, 10:46:45 PM
Quote from: Eva on Dec 13, 2012, 09:50:15 PM
It's a bit of a shame that aliens in the Star Trek universe, just basically look like humans with a bit of goofy make-up applied to them, speaking perfectly English and all that. What's the point of exploring alien worlds when the aliens you encounter, are basically just like us? :D

To some degree that's dealt with by the Progenitors.

Exc8se my drunkin vodk a and coke self but yay for someone knows what they're talkin about!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Gah, I've gotta go through and watch all the series sometime. Most interested in TOS and TNG, but the others would be good, too.

First Blood

First Blood

I don't know much about Trek tv but how does Enterprise hold up as a prequel to the Original Series?

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 16, 2012, 12:46:34 AM
I don't know much about Trek tv but how does Enterprise hold up as a prequel to the Original Series?

I recently watched both, starting with Enterprise, since that's a prequel and all. Enterprise has some good characters, a few of which actually develop over the show's four seasons. As a prequel to TOS and the other shows, it does start laying the groundwork for stuff that turns up in TOS and the later shows, but much of the true prequel stuff shows up in the fourth season, even going so far as to have a two-parter explaining why Klingons in TOS lacked forehead ridges. The first two seasons of Enterprise are a bit inconsistent in terms of quality, and the show at this point lacks direction as they're meandering about in space and going through some rather ordinary plots where Archer and crew screw around with alien civilizations, as the Prime Directive doesn't exist at that point.

The third and fourth seasons are vast improvements, with the third actually giving the show much-needed focus and taking it into a grittier direction. The fourth builds on this and starts laying the groundwork for stuff that turns up in TOS, such as the Romulan War that was mentioned in TOS as occurring one hundred years prior (at the time of Enterprise), and in the fourth season of ENT there's a three-parter about a Romulan scheme to destabilize relations between different races, which acts as a sort of build-up to this war (however, the show was cancelled before this war could be portrayed in a firth, and perhaps sixth, season).

Some fans complain that ENT contradicts stuff in later shows, but Star Trek has always been inconsistent in terms of dealing with its canon. The amount of contradictions that show up in TOS concerning the date when it's set come to mind immediately. So, for me, a few apparent canon disruptions don't bother me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I never bothered with ENT because I think Scott Bakula is an arrogant motherf**ker. I remember once watching one of his interviews and he actually had the nerve to say that he's the only ST captain that has ever bled. Like really? f**k off ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed