Doctor Strange

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 29, 2009, 09:25:17 PM

Author
Doctor Strange (Read 83,706 times)

Aspie

Aspie

it's just logic. until the show makes a ripple in the MCU, it's on the outside looking in.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 07:52:09 PM
it's just logic. until the show makes a ripple in the MCU, it's on the outside looking in.

Kind of like you and this forum.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 18, 2014, 07:53:01 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 07:52:09 PM

Kind of like you and this forum.

Need some aloe for that burn? 8)

Aspie

Aspie

I'M JUST SAYIN'.

Even if the Ultron/pluckett rumor is true, if the show doesn't last beyond May it will never be canonized.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 18, 2014, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2014, 05:52:54 PMMeh, I look at the MCU more as an expensive sci-fi/fantasy universe than I do strictly a series of superhero movies. Each movie is has its own flavor, and AoS fits right in.
And like someone else said, the series has no impact at all with the movies or something, no interwines with the mythology from the movies or anything, so there's no reason to watch this.

I enjoy it. That's reason enough to watch.

And it does intertwine with the films. It references and plays off of dramatic events (Coulson's death, for example) and it directly intertwines with game-changing scenarios (like the events of TWS). It is directly affected by events of the films, features characters, events, and props from the films, and contains elements that will undoubtedly transfer over into the films. Obviously the movies are going to take precedent (they make up the core of the universe and draw in a lot more cash), but to say that the TV shows have no relevance is an absolutely asinine thing to say. The show's mere existence as part of the universe is enough to make it relevant to the universe.

If you don't like the show that's fine; don't watch it. Doesn't matter to me. But to spew nonsense and say that it's not part of the universe is just that... nonsensical.

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
the two are unrelated so I don't see the correlation

DAMN, HOWEVER COULD HAVE I THOUGHT THERE WERE CONNECTIONS? :-\

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 07:56:24 PM
I'M JUST SAYIN'.

Even if the Ultron/pluckett rumor is true, if the show doesn't last beyond May it will never be canonized.

I think you're the anti-Predxeno, Aspie. NOTHING IS CANON! :D

Aspie

Aspie

I'm talking about the show bleeding into the movies, not vice versa.

It's fan fic currently.

Except with like, only like a handful of fans.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2014, 07:58:18 PMI enjoy it. That's reason enough to watch.

And it does intertwine with the films. It references and plays off of dramatic events (Coulson's death, for example) and it directly intertwines with game-changing scenarios (like the events of TWS). It is directly affected by events of the films, features characters, events, and props from the films, and contains elements that will undoubtedly transfer over into the films. Obviously the movies are going to take precedent (they make up the core of the universe and draw in a lot more cash), but to say that the TV shows have no relevance is an absolutely asinine thing to say. The show's mere existence as part of the universe is enough to make it relevant to the universe.
The show is impacted by the movies. The movies are not impacted by the show.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Nightmare, your use of logic, while admirable, won't gain you anything :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I was going to put together another another response, started typing, and deleted it. Not worth it. :D

Magegg

Magegg

Who the hell takes Aspie seriously? XD

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, Aspie... ::)

Aspie

Aspie

search ur feels outliers, u know it to be true

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 08:16:45 PM
search ur feels outliers, u know it to be true
Yes. It's true you're a f**king idiot  ;D

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed