Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 29, 2009, 09:25:17 PM

Author
Doctor Strange (Read 83,447 times)

Aspie

Aspie

it's the only way

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

No. Embrace it, Aspie. Join the Skye fan club.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 04:05:18 AM
One of the new AoS specific cast members (the ones cast for the show and not yet the movies) need to pop up in an actual movie. 'tis merely fan fiction until they do so.

"Fan fiction" that was conceived by the director of The Avengers.

And set reports mentioned
Spoiler
Agent Triplett
[close]
being spotted filming a scene on the set of Age of Ultron.

Is this asinine logic of yours going to apply to Agent Carter as well? Because it seems unlikely to me that any of the original cast members in that show will be able to pop up in any films unless they all of a sudden decide to make a film set in the post WWII period (which wouldn't really be necessary since Agent Carter already has that covered).

Aspie

Aspie

yes there needs to be a direct cinematic attachment before I place anything in a cinematic universe

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 18, 2014, 04:54:44 AM
And you people have no idea, how quickly and aggressively I ejected from this thread once people started throwing around Benedict Cumberbatch for the role. Hearing that Pheonix is probably cast is the best new ever.

Yeah, I love Cumberbatch but he is not at all who I want to see as this character. Phoenix is an excellent choice. I really hope he gets the role.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm kinda hoping for Jack Huston after seeing his name thrown around.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 18, 2014, 02:42:58 PM
I'm kinda hoping for Jack Huston after seeing his name thrown around.

I agree. The studio obviously wants Phoenix for that star power draw but it looks like that's going to cost them RDJ type cash.

If they went with Jack Huston it would be a big gamble in their eyes. 

Pretty stellar fan concept art for Phoenix as Strange.

Magegg

Magegg

AoS is absolutely not satisfying for someone with a hunger for MCU.

MCU = Superheroes.
Agentes of SHIELD: No superheroes at all.

It's probably one of the reasons I have absolutely zero interest in this TV show.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Meh, I look at the MCU more as an expensive sci-fi/fantasy universe than I do strictly a series of superhero movies. Each movie is has its own flavor, and AoS fits right in.

That Strange art is pretty great.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2014, 05:52:54 PMMeh, I look at the MCU more as an expensive sci-fi/fantasy universe than I do strictly a series of superhero movies. Each movie is has its own flavor, and AoS fits right in.
And like someone else said, the series has no impact at all with the movies or something, no interwines with the mythology from the movies or anything, so there's no reason to watch this.

Aspie

Aspie

AoS is simply not yet canonized and is not in the MCU until it does so

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2014, 06:16:51 PM
AoS is simply not yet canonized and is not in the MCU until it does so
But still, most of what happens in the series has no repercussion on the movies, so wheter it is or not canonized it just doesn't matter. The show has no relevance at all.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 18, 2014, 05:44:41 PM
AoS is absolutely not satisfying for someone with a hunger for MCU.

MCU = Superheroes.
Agentes of SHIELD: No superheroes at all.

It's probably one of the reasons I have absolutely zero interest in this TV show.

I have a hunger for MCU. I'm satisfied by AoS. So there, proved you wrong ;)

Aspie

Aspie

the two are unrelated so I don't see the correlation

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Just b/c you choose to live in denial doesn't mean the rest of us have to :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed