The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,903 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 24, 2010, 12:40:39 AM
The overall score isn't really an indication of where the quality lies. An actual review will help you see what aspects of the game are powerful and which ones are weak. Even a 6/10 game can be golden to you depending on what you value in a game.

Exactly!

QuoteGamespot gave Twilight Princess a score of less than 6.

No way. You can't be serious!  :D

PRI. HUDSON

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 24, 2010, 05:47:15 AM
MSNBC video review

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30501433/vp/35527338#35527338

Gave it an 8/10

I'm glad this game is getting the attention it is, might send a message to SEGA that the next one could use some extra funding,  Not to mention getting CM released.

Funny how the MSNBC review said the Predator was overpowered yet the IGN review stated the Predator as being underpowered.  Also I have to laugh at any game reviewer who says this has a steep learning curve, try playing EVE.

safetyman

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

MSNBC video review

Gave it an 8/10

Another good score that won't be added to meta-shite. ::)

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 24, 2010, 12:40:39 AM
The overall score isn't really an indication of where the quality lies. An actual review will help you see what aspects of the game are powerful and which ones are weak. Even a 6/10 game can be golden to you depending on what you value in a game.

Gamespot gave Twilight Princess a score of less than 6. Either they're mad or I am, because that game was pretty consistently brilliant.

No they didn't: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thelegendofzelda/index.html?tag=result;title;1

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/legendofzeldatwilightprincess

Gave it an 8.8

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 23, 2010, 11:19:24 PM
I rest my case about the quality of this game. Even a fan site moderator only gives it 7/10!  :o

Actually, if you read the review, you'll find I really enjoyed the game. I didn't give it higher due to one weak campaign and some dodgy aspects of multiplayer. And I can agree with getting rid of actual scores. Might get people to actually read through it all.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 23, 2010, 11:19:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2010, 02:57:40 PM
7/10.

I rest my case about the quality of this game. Even a fan site moderator only gives it 7/10!  :o

It's an opinion dude.... just because YOU don't think its very good. I (and many others on this FANS site) do!

If you don't want to see threw the faults, which every game has to a lesser or certain degree, Then the game is lacking.

What is your fav game of all time i ask?

cyke

cyke

since when is 7/10 a bad thing?

a game has to be reviewed and scored on it's whole, any poor elements brings the whole game down. like the poor alien SP.

But does that mean that the marine or the multiplayer is any less fun or well-made? just because the totally unrelated alien SP was lackluster?

I remember when Tekken 6 was released on console, everyone slammed the SP 3D beat em up campaign, giving the game  much lower score, however, the actual core vs gameplay was as strong as ever, yet because one poor mode the whole game score was lowered.

As long as I have fun in multiplayer, I am happy with my purchase. But I understand the game has some weak spots that should have been sorted out.

MikkoM

MikkoM

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 24, 2010, 01:18:33 PM

It's an opinion dude.... just because YOU don't think its very good. I (and many others on this FANS site) do!

If you don't want to see threw the faults, which every game has to a lesser or certain degree, Then the game is lacking.

What is your fav game of all time i ask?

Well it is hard to name a specific favorite, but I will name a few:

Half Life 2, Medieval I and II (+rest of the Total War series games), Master Of Orion 2, Mafia, the first two AVP games (although I must admit it has been awhile when I last played AVP2), GTA series.

And yes it is hard to accept that this game only deserves scores like 7/10 when you think about the potential that the idea behind the AVP games has, and the success and quality of the two previous AVP games. AVP1 and two are already old games, but in my opinion, despite their age, they still wipe the floor with this game.

The way I see it, all that this new AVP offers us is blood and updated graphics, but those two things alone just don`t make this into a good game. Especially when a game has as many flaws as this one has.

cyke

cyke

and that is all fine, because that is your opinion, just like in my opinion, I enjoy this game, I think the melee mechanic is very fun- and just because I believe the predator's melee is slightly too strong, doesn't undermine actual mechanic.

And just like the games you mentioned as your favorite, doesn't make them so to others. I just can't get into the GTA series, I've never been able to finish any one of those games, I get bored by the repetitive drive to and from quest. But that is my opinion, and shouldn't diminish your fun you have with the game.

MikkoM

MikkoM

Well hopefully all of this critical feed back will increase the fun that we can all have with a possible AVP sequel.  ;)

cyke

cyke

Agreed!

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the game, we all have some issues with certain things, and if Rebellion fixes those issues, then I'm sure we'll have an even better game.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 24, 2010, 08:00:48 AM
MSNBC video review

Gave it an 8/10

I'm glad this game is getting the attention it is, might send a message to SEGA that the next one could use some extra funding,  Not to mention getting CM released.

Funny how the MSNBC review said the Predator was overpowered yet the IGN review stated the Predator as being underpowered.  Also I have to laugh at any game reviewer who says this has a steep learning curve, try playing EVE.

The Predator wouldn't be overpower if for one thing: that Goddamned disc.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Still not as cheap as it was in AVP2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed