The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,770 times)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I think the big reason it's not getting better reviews is because the reviewers are comparing it to MW2, which disgusts me. I can't believe this game is being compared to that trash.

Big Head Ninja

Saw a review of AVP in the Herald Sun newspaper this morning, they gave it 4/5 and said its a very fun game, especially so for fans. I must admit, it was quite a surprise to flick through the paper and see a big screenshot of the Alien holding the civilian down to get facehugged right in the middle of the page ;D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Big Head Ninja on Feb 17, 2010, 06:13:14 AM
Herald Sun

I'm glad they gave it a good score but my goodness.

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 17, 2010, 06:21:44 AM
Quote from: Big Head Ninja on Feb 17, 2010, 06:13:14 AM
Herald Sun

I'm glad they gave it a good score but my goodness.

:D

Well it was powered by IGN, so I wonder if IGN AU's review will be similar. I've always found the AU branch of IGN to be the most accurate in terms of reviews.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Probably.

Copies of AvP3 sold within Australia make breakfast and give blowjobs, judging by the reviews.

Big Head Ninja

Well, the more Australian servers the better.

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

i hate gamespot avp gets 5.5 and MW2 gets 9

this is what they said about AVP the good
Three separate campaigns make for some variety   Close-up kills are wonderfully gross   Multiplayer can be good fun.
the bad
Awkward and inconsistent controls   Poor level design   Loaded with small but deadly flaws.

and MW2
the good
Intense, action-packed campaign   Engaging cooperative missions   Richer, deeper, more rewarding competitive multiplayer.
the bad
Campaign is short   Plot is muddled and inelegant

So how can 1 get such a crappy score and the other so good?  got me i love the avp game it has more variety than MW2(which i traded in for this game) they say AVP has poor level design?? umm MW2 levels are definatly nothing spectacular. (lets drive a skidoo down a path that is there is only 1 correct way to go.)

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Feb 17, 2010, 07:08:28 AM
i hate gamespot avp gets 5.5 and MW2 gets 9

this is what they said about AVP the good
Three separate campaigns make for some variety   Close-up kills are wonderfully gross   Multiplayer can be good fun.
the bad
Awkward and inconsistent controls   Poor level design   Loaded with small but deadly flaws.

and MW2
the good
Intense, action-packed campaign   Engaging cooperative missions   Richer, deeper, more rewarding competitive multiplayer.
the bad
Campaign is short   Plot is muddled and inelegant

So how can 1 get such a crappy score and the other so good?  got me i love the avp game it has more variety than MW2(which i traded in for this game) they say AVP has poor level design?? umm MW2 levels are definatly nothing spectacular. (lets drive a skidoo down a path that is there is only 1 correct way to go.)

Money.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 17, 2010, 01:27:27 AM
The Reviews are really all over the place. I guess it's a love, hate kind of game.

This i have been saying since the early previews. People will like it or hate it.

I think as far as the reviews go..... the game must 'technically' have some floors. If you looking for them I'm sure they'll be loads.

BUT

If you can fully immerse yourself in the game and ignore the not so pretty graphs ( i think there fine!!) and just put yourself in the game, so to speak, you'll love it.... despite the floors. So i think it depends what the review/gamer wants to do!!

Personaly i LOVE the atmosphere in the demo.... and the new ps3 demo has now got music while playing and it just grabs ya. Totally hooked!

Katarn84

Katarn84

Since I saw two or three Italain sites reviews here is the gamesvillage.it one: http://www.gamesvillage.it/news/reviews/detail%5Bn=20310%5D.html

It gives 7.2/10 for PC and X360 and 7.0/10 for PS3.

Drewid

Drewid

I'm desperately trying not to launch into an anti-metacritic rant.  I really don't think it does the industry any good at all.  My feeling is it rewards sameness and punishes stuff that's less mainstream, but I'll stop there.   

We've made a game that some people love and some people hate, and that's fine really.  It looks like enough people will love it so HUZZAH.   

Moody

Moody

Nice to see that there are more positive reviews then negative, but still ong Gamespot the User Score is an avarage of 8. :)

mavox1

mavox1

now i gave this game a personal 7.5 outta 10, so i was somewhat critical.

my question is with gamespot, how in the HELL can you give dark void a 6.5, but this game a 5.5?

dark void is hampered by some serious framerate issues, clunky controls, subpar graphics, and a short AND thrown together storyline AND its only single player. WTF? makes no f**king sense. guess ol' capcom threw you guys some cash huh?

the marine campaign alone is more solid than dark void's entire experience.

Moody

Moody

Gamespot never was a very reliable reviewer site, especially after the Kane & Linch debacle the lost all cred for me at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed