The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,789 times)

Corporal Hicks

That's a good thing. And the one sound they do replace, everyone here complains about! Jesus!  ::)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: predalien27 on Feb 16, 2010, 09:52:26 PM
QuoteWorse, the sound design is wholly lifted from the movies, from gun sounds to alien hisses -- again, woulda been nice to see some imagination here, Rebellion...

Umm, that's a good thing.  >:(

Would have been a good thing if it was entirely true.

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 09:56:54 PM
That's a good thing. And the one sound they do replace, everyone here complains about! Jesus!  ::)

For sure, not to mention the fact that IMO as a sound designer its way harder to accurately replicate recognizable sounds than it is to make passable new ones.  Good on Rebellion i say!

About the smart gun though...  ;)

safetyman

safetyman

I agree. Hopefully we can keep die hard CoD/Halo fans out of this game, spare us the headache of listening to "this game should have this and that".

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Roargathor

Roargathor

Quote from: safetyman on Feb 16, 2010, 11:40:13 PM
I agree. Hopefully we can keep die hard CoD/Halo fans out of this game, spare us the headache of listening to "this game should have this and that".

Indeed.  f**kem.  Whiny little curs...

spychi

spychi

AvP is now the best selling games on steam, wow!

afrocat

afrocat

What a douche the guy in the review wanted new UNLOCKABLE ABILITES. For avp? Ever heard of balance? Btw im talking about the guy reviewing AVP from america IGN.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Roargathor on Feb 16, 2010, 11:55:20 PM
Quote from: safetyman on Feb 16, 2010, 11:40:13 PM

Indeed.  f**kem.  Whiny little curs...

Yes, cuz we re the 3l1t3

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 17, 2010, 12:02:02 AM
What a douche the guy in the review wanted new UNLOCKABLE ABILITES. For avp? Ever heard of balance? Btw im talking about the guy reviewing AVP from america IGN.
I read the review of the original AvP for PC, they gave it an 8.2 because the predator was overpowered and the game wasn't balanced. Now there complaining because this game is more balanced?

afrocat

afrocat

I believe his complaint for Predator was when playing I felt underpowered. (WTF) And then he made a little quip but at least I have my cloak. He also said the aliens were slower I think...and did you read the Gamespy review(From the IGN network) They gave it a 2.5 out of 5 their review was almost as badly written as the Gameinformer one. http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/aliens-vs-predator-2009/1069531p1.html I hate that whole network with their BS 360 bias. I cant believe he had the nerve to compare it to MW2..ugh.

ikarop

ikarop

IGN US 7/10

dude63

dude63

Crave online: (I don't think there is a score..its still a review though)

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/article/aliens-vs-predator-review-96501

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: dude63 on Feb 17, 2010, 12:52:46 AM
Crave online: (I don't think there is a score..its still a review though)

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/article/aliens-vs-predator-review-96501
In the last paragraph he described how difficult was to write this review. I think that's whats happening with other reviewers and why there is so much contrast between each other(going from 5.5 to 9 out of 10) . This game is not meant for everyone.

Inverse Effect

The Reviews are really all over the place. I guess it's a love, hate kind of game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed