The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,489 times)

Drewid

Drewid

I  have a gut feeling that it'll sell as much on word of mouth as by reviews.  If that turns out to be correct it may not chart as high,  but will sell at a reasonable rate for longer.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Ghost Rider LSOV on Feb 15, 2010, 06:55:07 PM
The review I'm mostly looking forward to, is from Zero Punctuation. :p

Mixed reviews are a problem, but it's expected since the other AvP games were not that old school in their time.

What I am afraid of now:
1)Not many sales and lessened support.

2) "I told you so since this is not AvP2 and even the sites agree" and I expect  really long reviews/comparisons in the fan review topic.

Agreed. ^ I can't wait to see what Yahtzee makes of it.  ;D  :P

And it's pretty clear the Gamespot reviewer as just another MW2 fanboy, as i have played the latter extensively, and yet found the controls a breeze.
He's just going by - If it's not Gears, Halo or MW2, or some other big fat title with thousands of fans sucking on it, bin it.

ikarop

ikarop

Inverse Effect

Wooh Poor Balance did he say? I found it to be one of the best Balanced games ive played multiplayer wise. I think all the races have a good chance against one another if played right.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

The common trend in all the negative reviews are clunky controls which is bull♥♥♥♥ since they work wonders after you get used to them. Those reviewers didn't even play the game for an hour. They just saw that it wasn't another generic FPS and bashed it. Really sad...

spychi

spychi

Let's just play the game, after all this BS I don't trust reviews anymore.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

it will be a average games to most people and to a lot of us more b/c we love aliens and predators and marines. But the fact of the matter is that if this game was a LEGIT bad ass game it wouldn't get low reviews period. It sucks maybe better luck next time. I'm still picking up my copy soon and hopefully the game can grow from where it is now. I just know that when  a game is legitimately good it rarely gets bad reviews.

regardless go AVP just b/c of its name makes it a must buy for me. But even I can tell it's lacking a lot of things just from seeing video and playing the demo.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 15, 2010, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Feb 15, 2010, 07:18:42 PM
I don't think you can really slate Gamespot until you've played it yourselves. Gamespot are usually spot on with their reviews. It's quite surprising. I thought it might get a 7/10 but damn... 5.5.

I haven't trusted Gamespot since Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, when reviewers left to form GiantBomb because they were sick of Gamespot slighting some games due to corporate interests (after firing one for seemingly giving K&L a bad review).

I was actually reading about that yesterday. Quite shocking that they cared more about advertising revenue than about journalism. If that were true though, they'd be giving every game a low score if the publisher didn't advertise on their site. That isn't the case. They do give high scores if the game is really good.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Idk, i just don't use them anymore. I usually go to Gametrailers.

spychi

spychi

There is still gametrailers.com though
they have some decent reviews
@Eidotemit
you've beat me to it

Ticou

Ticou

Did anyone actually test the game with Dx11?  would like to see a review with it mentioned. (if it has been I'm sorry to lazy to read all :P)

Sylenall

Sylenall

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 15, 2010, 07:42:07 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 15, 2010, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Feb 15, 2010, 07:18:42 PM
I don't think you can really slate Gamespot until you've played it yourselves. Gamespot are usually spot on with their reviews. It's quite surprising. I thought it might get a 7/10 but damn... 5.5.

I haven't trusted Gamespot since Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, when reviewers left to form GiantBomb because they were sick of Gamespot slighting some games due to corporate interests (after firing one for seemingly giving K&L a bad review).

I was actually reading about that yesterday. Quite shocking that they cared more about advertising revenue than about journalism. If that were true though, they'd be giving every game a low score if the publisher didn't advertise on their site. That isn't the case. They do give high scores if the game is really good.

They weren't very spot on when they gave ODST a 9 and GTA a 10.

I really want to see some other major review sites rate it.  I've never had much respect for gamespot.

Giantbomb
Gametrailers
and the NA branch of IGN should have better reviews.

War Wager

War Wager

Can't help but feel a little disappointed by some of these mediocre reviews. I was hoping this would be the Arkham Asylum for A/P fans.

Ghost Rider LSOV

From my experience with watching Gametrailers reviews, it will probably give around 6.5-6.8.

I dislike its reviews.
Great trailer database otherwise. :p

DrHobo

DrHobo

Sad. There will be definately less players buying the game because of those reviews.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed