The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,810 times)

predalien27

predalien27

Same.  ;)

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

QuoteThe Alien is by far the weakest of the three, simply because its difficult to fashion a narrative around what is essentially oversized, mindless insect."

that`s the same reason we never made that Desperate Housewives game.

predalien27

predalien27

Hahahaha...  :P

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 13, 2010, 01:03:53 AM
QuoteThe Alien is by far the weakest of the three, simply because its difficult to fashion a narrative around what is essentially oversized, mindless insect."

Drewid

Drewid

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 13, 2010, 01:03:53 AM

;D ;D ;D

Inverse Effect

That Game Informer one really sticks out. All those other reviews have 5/5 or an 8.- to an 8.5, yet that one has a stupid 5.25 one or somthing. Looks dumb and the reviewer should be shot.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Received my subscription copy of April's PC Zone (I think it's out in stores from the 16th or 17th of Feb). They gave it 82%, but that very much jarrs with the review because they spend nearly all the review praising it, and finish up by saying that it's incredibly fun, a perfect recreation of the films, and a significant improvement on the previous games.

The only flaws they pointed out were the campaigns' short length (apparently you can run through the Marine campaign in 4hrs and the Alien in 2hrs... if the Pred's campaign is 3hrs then that makes it about the same overall length as Half-Life) and oldschool flavour (which they eventually decided suits AvP perfectly, so I have no idea why they scored it so low).

In the same issue they scored Mass Effect 2 93%, Bioshock 2 92% and STALKER: Call of Pripyat 80%.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 13, 2010, 10:19:27 PM
That Game Informer one really sticks out. All those other reviews have 5/5 or an 8.- to an 8.5, yet that one has a stupid 5.25 one or somthing. Looks dumb and the reviewer should be shot.

It's perfectly normal to have positive and negative reviews they can't all be the same. They can't all like the game and it's not a big deal.

Dzuksi

Dzuksi

Quote from: Brother on Feb 13, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
It's perfectly normal to have positive and negative reviews they can't all be the same. They can't all like the game and it's not a big deal.

Why don't them all like it? WHY?!?!?!? It IS big deal!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhp4ZqNmTQ

;D ;D ;D

Brother

Brother

Lawlz

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Vertigo on Feb 13, 2010, 10:46:52 PM
apparently you can run through the Marine campaign in 4hrs and the Alien in 2hrs... if the Pred's campaign is 3hrs

:( Guess I gotta' take my time then.

Mass Effect 2 93%

WOOOO!!! Sorry... Mass Effect lover over here.  :P

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 13, 2010, 11:08:33 PM
Mass Effect 2 93%

WOOOO!!! Sorry... Mass Effect lover over here.  :P

Yeah, no question Mass Effect 2 deserves the praise, awesome game. Not so sure about Bioshock 2 though if it's anything like the first one.

safetyman

safetyman

BioShock 2 is a 100% game code copy paste from BioShock 1, the only thing different is story.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: safetyman on Feb 14, 2010, 12:59:08 AM
BioShock 2 is a 100% game code copy paste from BioShock 1, the only thing different is story.

I wouldn't go that far, it does some interesting things and it is actually far better than I expected it to be.

That said, I am almost finished with it and I'm glad I rented it.

z0diac

z0diac

Well I finally got my Game Informer in the mail the other day, and immediately went to read the review.

Honestly, the first thing that surprised me was the lack of actual depth.  I mean I find it a bit ridiculous to give one of the more anticipated games of the year LESS THAN A PAGE for a full review.  I mean it was literally a handful of small paragraphs.

Second, it's clear the reviewer had no real knowledge of the source material, whether it be from film, comic, or even the original AvP...which is a shame, because these franchises have so much history and depth to them.

Third, I also agree that his multiplayer portion of the review was an incredible joke.  Considering how many different modes this game boasts, this guy decides to write about three sentences to sum up his multiplayer review.

Personally, I usually agree with a majority of GI's reviews, but this single one has turned me off from their opinions on titles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed