The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,773 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Puks on Feb 09, 2010, 09:36:55 PM
QuoteUhm, probably the same or a nudge higher than the console versions.

Doubt it. Sure, the game is cool on consoles, but I can already see a lot of reviewers complaining about graphics and some gameplay features which are a little too much console-like. All three versions are nearly identical and PC gamers are more demanding.

Their loss.

Mastix

Mastix

No ranked matches for dedicated servers, Rebellion never mentiond that, Nasty trick Rebellion, really low.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Mastix on Feb 09, 2010, 10:30:14 PM
No ranked matches for dedicated servers, Rebellion never mentiond that, Nasty trick Rebellion, really low.

Makes sense, people can do whatever they want with dedicated servers, rank should be from fair play only.

Sylenall

Sylenall

I'm much more miffed about the absence of Host migration.

I have played ORIGINAL XBOX games that have effectively utilized host migration. 

There needs to be some kind of Gaming industry law that makes it mandatory  >:(

No host-migration and PC ranked matches being MM only have just been confirmed by dev:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28944.30

Oh god why is there no host migration?  :'(

Mastix

Mastix

Atleast the game will have dedicated servers and a server browser.
So I guess for PC I will play a few MM matches to unlock the skins and then will stop playing it completly and only play games on dedicated servers in the server browser   :)

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Sylenall on Feb 09, 2010, 10:35:29 PM

I'm much more miffed about the absence of Host migration.

I have played ORIGINAL XBOX games that have effectively utilized host migration. 

There needs to be some kind of Gaming industry law that makes it mandatory  >:(

No host-migration and PC ranked matches being MM only have just been confirmed by dev:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28944.30

Oh god why is there no host migration?  :'(

I don't see how not having dedicated servers o nranked is a dirty trick. They didn't specifiy they said they would hae them. Plus ranking up is just a inccentive there to say "look im this!". Unless is changes something in the gameplay then..I would imagine most people will play unranked.

Blood Cum

Blood Cum

Hate to sway the current discussion here but I'm getting a bit worried as to what the current reviews are going to be from people like Gametrailers, or Gamespot. I mean when I saw the nasty review that Gameinformer had dished out, it made me rethink somethings. If AvP happens to get an average set of bad ratings, I think I'll lose faith in life...maybe end it.

alpha defekt

alpha defekt

Quote from: Blood Cum on Feb 10, 2010, 12:28:50 AM
Hate to sway the current discussion here but I'm getting a bit worried as to what the current reviews are going to be from people like Gametrailers, or Gamespot. I mean when I saw the nasty review that Gameinformer had dished out, it made me rethink somethings. If AvP happens to get an average set of bad ratings, I think I'll lose faith in life...maybe end it.

Don't worry about what that funking prink at GI said. The point is that you will love it and so will the true fans. They will play till the end.

dude63

dude63

OXM gave it a good score. Usually if it was as bad as gi said. OXM would of gave it a close score to that.

Blood Cum

Blood Cum

Quote from: alpha defekt on Feb 10, 2010, 12:33:14 AM

Don't worry about what that funking prink at GI said. The point is that you will love it and so will the true fans. They will play till the end.

Makes me feel better I guess but I've played over the course of my year almost all the AvP games and I was completely looking forward to this one.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The guys from "Invisible Walls" who do the reviews for GameTrailers, said they were feeling very good about AVP.

newbeing

newbeing

One of the guys as destructoid Jim Sterling seems to love the game, defending it most of the time in fact, so I imagine he'll give it a good score.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 10, 2010, 12:52:42 AM

The guys from "Invisible Walls" who do the reviews for GameTrailers, said they were feeling very good about AVP.

They are also the ones that review the games most of the time.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 09, 2010, 10:33:19 PM
Makes sense, people can do whatever they want with dedicated servers, rank should be from fair play only.

Previous games have had ranked servers, and typically these used the game's default settings and were obliged to by the server's provider. There are systems in place for this.

Forcing us to use matchmaking in order to unlock the skins is a pretty shitty move. One of two things will happen:

1. There'll be less demand for servers, leaving us with less space to play a stable online game.

2. No-one will use the matchmaking and will instead flood the servers. You will rarely see more than the default skins.

ikarop

ikarop

New blog entry at SEGA's blog. Include some old screens in great HQ.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/02/09/know-your-role-alien/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed