The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,859 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oooh... stinging!  :D

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the demo.

Kane

Kane

QuoteWhat?! It's a review for the full game and it says there are no dedicated servers?! I hope it's a console-version review.

QuoteMust be for consoles...right?

No. In the picture you see at the right side of the page "Hardware-Check", so they tested the PC-Version.

The full thing they wrote is:

"So wurde, wie auch schon bei Modern Warfare 2, auf die Verwendung von dedicated Servers verzichtet und auf eine Konso-"

The "und auf eine Konso-" indicates that they are saying something about the console, but they continue writing on the next page which we don't have.

As far as i understand it (and i'm german) they're saying that there won't be dedicated servers.
Which is bogus because rebellion said there definitely will be dedicated servers for the PC-Version.
Still odd, though.  ???

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

maybe they`re saying there won`t be any dedicated server support in germany.
y`know, with it being banned and all :D

Kane

Kane

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 09, 2010, 04:36:54 PM
maybe they`re saying there won`t be any dedicated server support in germany.
y`know, with it being banned and all :D

Don't say that :(

;D

I think i'm holding back now with any speculations about the game and the functions we are allowed or not allowed to use until the game is released or sega is making an official statement about it.

I don't want to get a heart attack every time i read the word "banned" "no dedicated servers" "no steam activation" and so on. :D

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: Puks on Feb 09, 2010, 01:09:51 PM
I'm back.

Played the demo

admit it was fun

played 8+ hours

The demo is fail?

Does anyone actually believe in what's stated in the disclaimer in demo startup?

Well, 1up did an article saying they have played the full game, and are surprised how different and bad the demo is in comparison.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 09, 2010, 04:48:37 PM

Well, 1up did an article saying they have played the full game, and are surprised how different and bad the demo is in comparison.
[/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

Don't have one, just remember someone talking about it.  Was either 1up or gamespot.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 09, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 09, 2010, 04:48:37 PM

Link?

Don't have one, just remember someone talking about it.  Was either 1up or gamespot.

Maybe OXM?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17128

Giger_Incubator

No, it was a few days ago.  Pretty sure it was 1up, they have defended the franchise in the past.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 09, 2010, 05:03:07 PM
No, it was a few days ago.  Pretty sure it was 1up, they have defended the franchise in the past.

The article was posted a few days ago.

QuoteOne of the biggest problems is that the demo feels unpolished. This can be excused somewhat by the disclaimer at the start of the demo that it's an old build but still, it's being put in the public eye to be judged and there's no denying it's lacking some spit and polish. We've played the full version, and it feels more solid, so it's a shame Rebellion couldn't rustle up some more recent code to entice players.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 09, 2010, 05:03:07 PM

The article was posted a few days ago.

QuoteOne of the biggest problems is that the demo feels unpolished. This can be excused somewhat by the disclaimer at the start of the demo that it's an old build but still, it's being put in the public eye to be judged and there's no denying it's lacking some spit and polish. We've played the full version, and it feels more solid, so it's a shame Rebellion couldn't rustle up some more recent code to entice players.

Oh crap, you're totally right.  I thought you were talking about the new article about OXM's review.  Yeah thats it, thanks.

ikarop

ikarop

New interview with Alex Moore (Lead designer and former forum lurker) at LoadScreen.net.

Kane

Kane

Thanks for keeping us up to date, ikarop.  ;)

Ersca

Ersca

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/CrazyPittsburghGuy/02201035.jpg  95%!

found it in avp.net thanks goes to DICE dont thank me

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Ersca

Ersca

Quote from: AMC_Duke on Feb 09, 2010, 06:48:21 PM
Quote from: Ersca on Feb 09, 2010, 06:45:42 PM
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/CrazyPittsburghGuy/02201035.jpg  95%!

found it in avp.net thanks goes to DICE dont thank me

i think i saw that here too
oh.. ye it was there checked back a little, sorry ;P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed