The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,526 times)

Puks

Puks

QuoteA lot of the more recent previews I've read have had complaints about the graphics. Why?

Simple. Because the graphics really aren't anything special. No surprise since it's a multiplatform title, a new generation of consoles is needed if graphics are to be improved.

affinity

affinity

the graphics are special, and great.  some people are just too spoiled by better graphics that they don't appreciate that these graphics are still gorgeous!

AVP has never looked this awesome.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: affinity on Jan 30, 2010, 03:07:12 PM

Duh, it's been a decade.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: Brother on Jan 30, 2010, 03:27:08 PM
Quote from: affinity on Jan 30, 2010, 03:07:12 PM

Duh, it's been a decade.

Seriously... DUH. Can't compary a game from 2000 to anything from 2006 and later.

affinity

affinity

it still counts.  We waited all this time, for a new, better looking, and more fun AVP game and it's happening. 

It doesn't need Crysis or whatevers the hottest looking game right now graphics to be considered great graphics or good enough graphics.

Casual gamers don't see graphics as art, they just want everything to look as good or better than everything else.

your comparisons of these graphics with major graphics games out there is blinding you from the fact that
AVP already takes the visuals in an AVP game to a whole new level.

and if you don't think so, then remain in your miserable dissatisfaction, ahahahaha.   ;D

Dusk

Dusk

You know, I'm not really looking forward to see a AvP game in another decade. I think it looks pretty good right now, but it's also very graphic. Imagine how the game could look like in another 10 years. By then graphics could be photorealistic. Then these killmoves could be way too graphic for my tastes.

sambomambo

sambomambo

A bit early, but thought I'd start a reviews thread.

AvP has got 4 out of 5 from Empire magazine.

a good start.

Some_Guy

Some_Guy

Possible link please?
I wouldn't trust Empire too much, IIRC they aren't a gaming magazine and they gave the new Alone In The Dark 5 stars and we all know how that turned out.

ikarop

ikarop

Thanks a lot for the heads up! Can't wait to check those scans. We're going to transform the previews/interviews thread in the review/interview section so please try post anything related to that here.

Puks

Puks

Quotethe graphics are special, and great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofqmWpXJZ8

No. They're. Not.

PsychoticMarik

About survivor mode...have they confirmed matchmaking?

Without matchmaking this mode will require people to get there friends together just to play it. Much like halo ODST did...which people stopped playing because they couldn't always get there friends on.

This mode will provide a lot of replay value, but not if people can only play it with there friends.

xboxgamer4life

im wondering if that review is legitamite. its been up there for a while and the game probably wasnt gold back then. but if its real sweat.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Jan 30, 2010, 05:38:10 PM
About survivor mode...have they confirmed matchmaking?

Without matchmaking this mode will require people to get there friends together just to play it. Much like halo ODST did...which people stopped playing because they couldn't always get there friends on.

This mode will provide a lot of replay value, but not if people can only play it with there friends.

it doesn't need matchmaking to have any non-friend to join.  in Rainbow Six Vegas on consoles, people
can use Custom searches for hosted rooms that are doing Terrorist Hunt (co-op), besides other MP modes.
Dedicated servers are probably needed for that to be possible.

but AVP would benefit from having that besides matchmaking.   

I really don't like matchmaking that much anyways because the autosearches can take twice as long as just making/searching for a  custom room and joining it based on your preferred rules/mode specifications.

Halo 3 matchmaking killed the MP for me,  the only option was matchmaking, and it was stupid co-op was reserved for friends only.     I HATE VOTING FOR THE MAP THAT WILL BE USED!   It's kind of like Uncharted 2 where you are only given two maps to vote for,  and if you play something like all competitive modes, the match types/rules are random too.   It ends up resulting in repeating the same 2-3 maps, and not enough variety/control in the rule sets.

matchmaking really is sloppy multiplayer.   I prefer custom searches, custom room lists, and stuff.

PsychoticMarik

Custom games searches would be alright with me, but since they already confirmed matchmaking for regular MP they need to make sure survivor has it.

If we can only play survivor with friends and not with matched people then the game mode wont last.
Thats what my concern is.

Survivor would add a lot of replay value to the game for many people, but not if they fail to let us play with randoms. Getting together a group of 4 friends in halo's firefight is something that only happened once or twice within the first 2 weeks after the games release. After that...no one cared to play it anymore.

If this happens with survivor its a huge waste of potential.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Jan 31, 2010, 07:13:00 PM
Custom games searches would be alright with me, but since they already confirmed matchmaking for regular MP they need to make sure survivor has it.

If we can only play survivor with friends and not with matched people then the game mode wont last.
Thats what my concern is.

Survivor would add a lot of replay value to the game for many people, but not if they fail to let us play with randoms. Getting together a group of 4 friends in halo's firefight is something that only happened once or twice within the first 2 weeks after the games release. After that...no one cared to play it anymore.

If this happens with survivor its a huge waste of potential.

Halo 3 is the only game I know that screwed up not supporting matchmaking for co-op.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed