The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,875 times)

ikarop

ikarop

This thread is OK for questions.

QuoteI made a previous post asking about the weaponry/gadgets and asking if we've seen all of it, and you said you would check if we have seen everything. Any updates? Did we see the hack device? I think I remember a faint flash in some trailer where a marine sticks this PDA looking thing into a slot...

Ups I totally forgot sorry. Yup, we have seen all the weapons already.

Regarding the device, yup:

Concept art:

In-game:

Inferno

Inferno

Thanks for the quick reply, they changed the design of the hack device, looks nifty. I think its late in the game to safely presume that there is no welding torch either. =P, would be nice to weld a door and have aliens break through/create a bottle neck effect for survivor. (like in killing floor, you weld a door and the door has a percentage, if it gets to 0, the door comes down) welding was also a big thing in the aliens film as well. all marines need welding experiance to finish the academy =P

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Inferno on Jan 22, 2010, 10:54:08 PM
Didn't know where else to put this.
A big issue for me playing avp2 is that the predator was the same speed as the marine. Even when the marine is moving backwards he is the same speed as the predator. In this new game, are they the same speed without sprint? It's hard to tell using the gameplay vids. Are they the same speed when they sprint? Would I be able to run a marine down to skewer him?

Also could I still focus jump somewhere that is the same plane as me. (predator is on a football field, could he focus jump all 100 yards) So in essence I can sprint, focus jump, sprint, focus jump, to move as fast as possible? If you guys tested the focus jump on the same plane, you think he can jump around 20 meters ahead of himself?

If you watch some of the newer MLG gameplay videos, you can see that the predator sprints very fast, not as quick as the alien, but would easily out-pace a marine with no problem. I'm also sure I've seen straight horizontal focus-jumps before (tree branches at roughly the same height), very large distances too, well over 50ft leaps.

affinity

affinity

yeah it's so kickass!   I'm really loving how the jumping looks and works!   very fun and useful!

Sbm76

Inferno

Inferno

QuoteKey to the game's appeal is the online multi-player, which has seven different options, including Domination, Survivor, Infestation and a variety of Death Matches.

Pulled that from here...
http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2010/01/aliens-v-predator-preview.html

Domination...what? That supposed to be another name for king of the hill or something?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Inferno on Jan 23, 2010, 09:23:37 AM
QuoteKey to the game's appeal is the online multi-player, which has seven different options, including Domination, Survivor, Infestation and a variety of Death Matches.

Pulled that from here...
http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2010/01/aliens-v-predator-preview.html

Domination...what? That supposed to be another name for king of the hill or something?

3 Control points.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 22, 2010, 08:35:45 PM
I really don't understand the sudden rivalry between our two communities, it's not as if it's a competition, and both sites are very different.

It's not rivalry. It's just correcting mis-information so everyone is aware.

Corporal Hicks – Following the recent reveal of the pre-order skins and confirmation of DLC, fans are eager to know if we'll be seeing any maps based off locations from the films? And I understand it'd depend on whether you were authorized to use their likeness or not but what about skins based on the characters like Hudson or Hicks?

Alex Moore – You're not going to get anything directly based on the movies...

Corporal Hicks – ...Likeness issues?

Alex Moore – Yeah. That's more the Colonial Marines territory than the Aliens or Predator territory. So no, you're not gonna get any of that. But DLC, any big games have DLC integrated, making sure people hang onto the game rather than trading it back in. To get through submission these days you need to have a DLC pack ready for the release point so it can come out on time. Anything further into the future than that we're still negotiating. Fingers crossed.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/rebellion-studio-visit-part-2/

At the multiplayer events the various game profiles were named Hicks, Hudson, Bishop and Gorman. They may have simply got those mixed up.

affinity

affinity

anyone know how Predator changes to Alien vision (Green) mode? 

there is only one button for vision mode and players who tested the game only switched to Infra red (Blue) mode. 

So I guess double tap the button for the other vision mode?  or hold the button and a direction?

AJL

AJL

Quick Tap switches between Special and Normal mode and holding
down the button switches between the Special modes perhaps ?

affinity

affinity

Quote from: AJL on Jan 23, 2010, 04:26:24 PM
Quick Tap switches between Special and Normal mode and holding
down the button switches between the Special modes perhaps ?

That seems kind of annoying just to switch to the Alien vision mode.  Hmmm if the select button wasn't used to display scores, maybe that could have been it.  Or hey how about L3 or R3?  I know one of them is used for sprinting but I don't think the other function is used.

or maybe holding Focus and pressing Vision works.  or something.

It doesn't cycle 1 > 2 > 3.    Pressing it twice goes  1 > 2 > 1

so there is probably a trick to it.

AJL

AJL

Of course I don't KNOW how it works... Personally I would prefer 2 or 3 button system.

One button toggles between Normal Mode and Special Mode and One button cycles the
Special modes. (And if there are more than two special modes then there might be third
button which also cycles the special modes but in rerverse...)

But IF there is only one button... Then I am guessing it is some system where quick tap
of the button does one thing and holding it down does another...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think the best way to do it would be with two variables:

Variable A is 'Focus/Normal Mode', and isn't actually a variable. Its value is always one, and it's activated by pressing the 'focus' button.

Variable B is 'Thermal/Alien Mode'. By default, it's set to 1, which is thermal mode. Pressing the button gives this authority over Variable A. Pressing it a second time alters to the variable to 2, changing it to Alien mode. Pressing the button when Variable 2 has both authority and is set to 2 turns the variable back to 1.

This way, the game would remember which vision mode you used last. Since there's a separate button to enter normal/focus mode, which cancels the special vision modes, the first press of the vision-changing button would go back to the last special vision mode you used.

I'm fairly sure this is how they'll do it, seeing as though there's a separate button for focus mode and from what we've seen, focus mode cancels the special vision modes. 

ikarop

ikarop

New scans from Igroimania. The article is just a general preview, they talk a bit about Lance but don't reveal anything about his role in the game.

WeaN

WeaN

Thanks for posting these.

The promotional artworks are really cool. Shame all the ingame shots are weeks old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed