The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,726 times)

ikarop

ikarop

IncGamers, Gameplanet and TimesOnline previews added.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2010, 12:24:58 PM
They state you can get hicks and Hudson skins. just so you all know, they're wrong.

I think it's safe to trust you more than them, but still that's a bit puzzling.
I mean, these guys are probably diehard fans of the movies, just like most of us, so I'm a bit suprised they would make such a mistake.
I wonder what characters got mistaken for Hicks and Hudson.

ikarop

ikarop

Not the first time they are wrong. Besides I believe they just gathered info from the previews and Eurogamer/MLG, which is really nice but there shouldn't be anything you don't know already.

tigerija

tigerija

Its taken directly from personal experience while playing the game... (The demo).

ikarop

ikarop

Yup, that's what I said (Eurogamer/MLG)  :P.

tigerija

tigerija

No.

Brother

Brother

So only they saw the Hudson... skins?

tigerija

tigerija

Quote from: Brother on Jan 22, 2010, 08:04:39 PM
So only they saw the Hudson... skins?
Maybe they are just similar ? Not literally ? ...

Brother

Brother

Maybe they should open their eyes before they talk? What is the goal, bring more people on the site? I don't get it.

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

It's simply a mistake, no agenda behind it at all.

We're not professionals, just fans of the games, and we're unused to this kind of thing unlike avp-galaxy.

affinity

affinity

Anyways that's what can happen when classic names are used for MP player names/IDs.   previewers start to think there are skins of them in the game.

ikarop

ikarop

Everyone makes mistakes in previews. Even the fans!  :P

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

Of course, even IGN and Eurogamer make mistakes, I'm sure we're entitled to a few.

I really don't understand the sudden rivalry between our two communities, it's not as if it's a competition, and both sites are very different.

Maybe we should just chillax and enjoy the peace while it lasts as things will certainly heat up when the game's released.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Is there a walking control for the PC version?. This is something hideous I've been missing in games like, for example, Avatar.

Inferno

Inferno

Didn't know where else to put this.

Eidotemit & Hicks

A big issue for me playing avp2 is that the predator was the same speed as the marine. Even when the marine is moving backwards he is the same speed as the predator. In this new game, are they the same speed without sprint? It's hard to tell using the gameplay vids. Are they the same speed when they sprint? Would I be able to run a marine down to skewer him?

Also could I still focus jump somewhere that is the same plane as me. (predator is on a football field, could he focus jump all 100 yards) So in essence I can sprint, focus jump, sprint, focus jump, to move as fast as possible? If you guys tested the focus jump on the same plane, you think he can jump around 20 meters ahead of himself?

Ikarop

I made a previous post asking about the weaponry/gadgets and asking if we've seen all of it, and you said you would check if we have seen everything. Any updates? Did we see the hack device? I think I remember a faint flash in some trailer where a marine sticks this PDA looking thing into a slot...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed