The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,876 times)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: The Dude5000 on Jan 17, 2010, 03:08:00 PM
call me what you like, but i like it. Show'd the predator wasn't all that evil, although i still would of enjoyed it if it blasted her anyways. :D

Hes supposed to be a movie MONSTER not a super hero...
that one scene ruined preds reputation and caused me to loose all respect for the creature.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

"The enemy of my enemy is my..." ?.

An alliance upon a time doesn't look that ugly to me.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 17, 2010, 03:32:59 PM

thats great, but Alien is not Predators enemy... there a sport to it, the same as humans, its all game to the predator, or at least it was until its credibility was ruined by that horrible movie. :'(

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 17, 2010, 03:35:24 PM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 17, 2010, 03:32:59 PM

thats great, but Alien is not Predators enemy... there a sport to it, the same as humans, its all game to the predator, or at least it was until its credibility was ruined by that horrible movie. :'(

It was a game, until shit got out of hand.  When it's life or death, its not crazy.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

thats your opinion, i was just voicing mine, were is the honour in helping your pray to servive? he should of left her to die.... it would of made more sense and would of let predator keep his image instead of turning him into something that is to human and emotional ..
It is suppose to be one of the most honourable things a predator can do is die in the hunt... and being helped is supposed to be dishonouring there clan.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 17, 2010, 05:02:18 PM
thats your opinion, i was just voicing mine, were is the honour in helping your pray to servive? he should of left her to die.... it would of made more sense and would of let predator keep his image instead of turning him into something that is to human and emotional ..
It is suppose to be one of the most honourable things a predator can do is die in the hunt... and being helped is supposed to be dishonouring there clan.

The human wasn't his prey in that situation.  The way it plays out seems more like she is tagging along no matter what so he made it so she wouldn't slow him down.

I would argue that this shows more of the hunter attitude because he doesn't care about killing a species that isn't his prey.  He's not a ruthless killing machine.  Thats why the Predator movies did so well, they're not slasher flicks.

Brother

Brother

Humans are hosts in the movie. But someone found the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way too cool.

Shardik

Shardik

The movie wise tripe anyway, it seemed like a sad attempt to bring the AvP books main character into play which was a women who had killed a number of aliens and was thus accepted into the ranks by a Predator who was using her base as a hunting ground for aliens and humans. This women then went on to live with the predators and hunt with them in the following books; though she was looked down upon and many other predators did think she had no right to be there. The Predator that initially marked her and brought her on died very shortly after doing so though if recall correctly.

Brother

Brother

That book sounds like it sux harder than the movie.

Shardik

Shardik

My shabby description of it does not give it justice, plus i cant remember exactly why the predator brought her in especially when i read it years ago when i was much younger. Personally I didn't think they were terrible and it usually depended on which author was writing them. But the Aliens and Predator books were much better than the AvP books.

Brother

Brother

Still, she went to live with the preds and hunt with them :/

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Brother on Jan 17, 2010, 09:43:56 PM

That's because it does. The AVP movie didn't go nearly as far with the whole teaming up aspect as the books and comics did.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 17, 2010, 10:18:11 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 17, 2010, 09:43:56 PM

That's because it does. The AVP movie didn't go nearly as far with the whole teaming up aspect as the books and comics did.
the only thing doing both species any justice these days are the games

Puks

Puks

That is unfortunately very true.
At least we got the games..

Giger_Incubator

The first book PREY was absolutely great.  The next one's not so much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed