The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,747 times)

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 14, 2010, 02:19:42 PM
I'm gonna guess that the demo will probably come out closer to the release date of the game than we've hoped .L4D's demo was released a week before the game was released unless you had preordered. So unless gamestop performs some sort of 'preorder and get the demo early' deal then were probably looking at a similar release of the demo.

I'm glad to hear that Sega is putting some real weight behind the marketing campaign for AVP. I'm really impressed to hear that they're planning to show ads in theaters.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a MP game and was made and published by another company, most SP games have Demos around 2-3 weeks before release. Condemned 2 was published by Sega and the demo was out 3 weeks before the release date..
and lets not forget that L4D demos get stopped as soon as the release date is here, prob because the demo features nearly everything from the game except a couple game modes and maps.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Ghost Rider LSOV on Jan 14, 2010, 01:21:55 PM
From what it says, it looks like we get a/the demo before the game's release. :)

Indeed. That was said many moons ago though.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 14, 2010, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider LSOV on Jan 14, 2010, 01:21:55 PM
From what it says, it looks like we get a/the demo before the game's release. :)

Indeed. That was said many moons ago though.

This is INSANE! 

We have yet to see what psn store will have for demos later today, but it's unlikely AVP demo is today.

We have 2 more weeks in January.  AND about 2 more weeks in Feb. before release.   HMMMM one of those weeks.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Sorry if this is old news, but Rebellion have promised a sequel (and more DLC).

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=16557

Ghost Rider LSOV

Can't quote from my mobile but what was confirmed moons ago was that the demo was coming.

I don't remember a confirmation that it would come before the full game. People still thought that it could come after the game too.

heady89

heady89

Quote from: Ghost Rider LSOV on Jan 14, 2010, 05:18:18 PM
Can't quote from my mobile but what was confirmed moons ago was that the demo was coming.

I don't remember a confirmation that it would come before the full game. People still thought that it could come after the game too.

Most demos are released post-launch these days.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

well it kinda has been confirmed because the latest news says there advertising the demo first, and then the game.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: heady89 on Jan 14, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

i think you will find your wrong, most demos are pre-launch although some are post. ]

Ghost Rider LSOV

I know that... If you read my first post of the day, it says about the ads which confirm that.
What I am saying is that it was confirmed today and not long time ago.

ikarop

ikarop

Nope, people were reticent to believe it but it was mentioned here and confirmed at GamesCom that the demo would come before release. It's great to see another confirmation on the press though.

heady89

heady89

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jan 14, 2010, 05:27:36 PM
Quote from: heady89 on Jan 14, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

i think you will find your wrong, most demos are pre-launch although some are post. ]

Not really, the concept of demos have switched rapidly the last years.
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you..

Ghost Rider LSOV

@Ikarop: I see.
Well, I guess people will believe it now for certain.

ikarop

ikarop

IGN's previews the second chapter of each of the three species. Link here. *contains spoilers*

Proj2501

Proj2501

I wish reviewers would spend more time discussing how the game handles. Is there a weight to the weapons, is it awkward leaping as the Predator, etc. I'm tired of being told the play by play of what happens.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Spoiler
kinda strange that you kill the queen of so soon....
[close]
ign are reviewing more next week if i read correct, hmmm maybe the demo?...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed