The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,807 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: safetyman on Jan 11, 2010, 09:10:24 PM
It's not even DLC, it's maps packed with one version of the game while the normal version gets shafted and they claim they are all about the multiplayer experience.

The maps will definitely be sold later as DLC.   The people willing to buy the special edition deserve the extra maps first day.   It's their game, and they are calling the shots.  If you don't want to contribute MORE money for MORE content, then you people aren't helping the content grow and giving devs more reasons to make more content for the game.

If all developers gave out their extra content for free, it would end up being trash like Valve's lame DLC they made for Left 4 Dead.  People wanted more maps/campaigns, not some half assed extra modes and a DLC campaign that isn't even half as long as the ones on the disk.   It's like the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  And if you pay less, you get less.

The business is final.   If you wanna be miserable with only 8 maps, then only buy the standard edition.   :P
The rest of us will buy the editions that gives more maps, and have more variety to have fun with.   ;D

It's kind of like Rainbow Six Vegas's map pack that added 4 maps, but it'll be available at launch for those that buy the AVP special editions.   They were even nice enough to sell the cheapter Survivor edition if people want the maps instead of all that extra stuff the Hunter edition comes with but doesn't expand the gameplay like more maps do.

safetyman

safetyman

Yes, it's definitely my decision if I don't want to shell out for a portion of the game that is supposed to be the best part of it to begin with.

affinity

affinity

it isn't the "best part" but it does make the multiplayer as a whole "better".   

It's kind of like a pizza, only those that spend more get the extra toppings.

safetyman

safetyman

Wrong, if you advertise the multiplayer component as the best part of the game and then don't release all the maps for it at once, you're just looking to suck blood. How can you even compare game making to a pizza?

Matt

Matt

As long as they release the maps as DLC i'm fine with that (depends on the price anyway).

I don't really need the Hunter edition and beside that, it doesn't look like we get that in europe anyway.

If they won't release them as a DLC later on (which seems highly unlikely to me), i'll just be one of the many
Quotemiserable
europeans with the PC version, that affinity is talking about.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: safetyman on Jan 11, 2010, 09:50:31 PM
Wrong, if you advertise the multiplayer component as the best part of the game and then don't release all the maps for it at once, you're just looking to suck blood. How can you even compare game making to a pizza?

How can you tell if they even have time to add those maps to the disk.  Who's to say they are even finished testing them?   

The game will probably go Gold before those new maps are completed, but they will be completed in time to be downloaded as DLC from the code you get from the S.E. 

Even if it's a scam like Capcom's Resident Evil 5 versus mode, or Street Fighter IV's alternate costumes,
multiplayer maps are far more valuable and complex than either of those.   

IN reality even paying for internet service is a scam when it should be entirely free.  But no matter how much people complain, that's the way things are.  DLC is a reality these days and there is a market for
people willing to pay for that content. 

The bottom line is that those who pay extra will get to enjoy the extra maps and more variety to choose from (which multiplayer lives off of.)  and those that don't will just have to cope with 8 maps instead of 12.

kvon17

kvon17

If you're going with pizza,

I think what he is saying, is that if he buys a pizza, he shouldn't have to pay extra to get sauce on his pizza when the pizza should already have sauce in the first place.

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: kvon17 on Jan 11, 2010, 10:26:05 PM
If you're going with pizza,

I think what he is saying, is that if he buys a pizza, he shouldn't have to pay extra to get sauce on his pizza when the pizza should already have sauce in the first place.

Exactly. As far as analogies go, that's the only acceptable one for this discussion. Players shouldn't have to pay extra for something like this.

Brother

Brother

Plus the DLC is ready, they aren't making it after the release, it's done.

affinity

affinity

in any case, you can whine all you want, you aren't gonna get any more maps with an attitude like that.   ::)

Brother

Brother

Or they make them free after a while and you payed for nothing but playing in those maps by yourself.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Brother on Jan 11, 2010, 10:38:45 PM
Or they make them free after a while and you payed for nothing but playing in those maps by yourself.

Wow think outside the box, will you?   Even if you are sarcastic about playing those extra maps alone,
it doesn't change the fact that there will be enough people that will have the new maps to play with online.

Maybe all that PC upgrading and maintenance  has emptied your wallets, but ya'll sound too cheap to be playing videogames.   Maybe card games or boardgames, but you people cry about just a $30 difference for the Hunter edition (and you guys sound like you would still complain if the maps are sold as DLC for just $5-$10) 
The multiplayer doesn't even have an online fee!   On that note, I wonder what you people think about pay to play mmorpgs.   ::) 

Free this free that, you people are probably still depending on a family allowance, huh? 

safetyman

safetyman

We are not too cheap to be playing games my friend, we spend money to play games to their fullest. We just have an issue with paying for things that used to be free and worked for both developer and consumer alike.

Brother

Brother

QuoteI'm the businessman
QuoteI'm the most hardcore fan and all you guys are cheap

Dude we talked about this stuff but you obviously forgot.

The drug addict thing? I'm pretty sure Ikarop will intervene here, he knows why.

You have wrote some ridiculous stuff before but this one is my favorite.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Brother on Jan 11, 2010, 10:53:54 PM
QuoteI'm the businessman
QuoteI'm the most hardcore fan and all you guys are cheap

Dude we talked about this stuff but you obviously forgot.

The drug addict thing? I'm pretty sure Ikarop will intervene here, he knows why.

You have wrote some ridiculous stuff before but this one is my favorite.

No don't you dare twist my quotes around.  If I was elitist I would say those things, but I'm not, I'm just saying you guys are completely dwelling on the negative aspect of DLC instead of accepting the positive aspects.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed