The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,898 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I'd wager that's team balance.

The game is plenty "realistic" already - at least as realistic as a game can be with a pussy-faced space redneck and a cock-headed cosmic locust.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: affinity on Dec 28, 2009, 11:44:32 PM
the MP video confirms option to turn off Balance mode,  so this means there will be a more realistic
version of Multiplayer we can play!
   ;D

uh... no.

That is even teams.
::)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: kvon17 on Dec 29, 2009, 12:42:26 AM
Quote from: affinity on Dec 28, 2009, 11:44:32 PM
the MP video confirms option to turn off Balance mode,  so this means there will be a more realistic
version of Multiplayer we can play!
   ;D

uh... no.

That is even teams.
::)

IT IS???!!?!? o___________o 

Aw lol.   I thought there was gonna be a hardcore mode built in there for authentic immersion fans.  XD

oh well it will still kick ass.

There should still be an option for the deathmatch types to restrict species per team
(so marines, aliens and predators can't be on the same team.)

Chris!(($$))!

yah there is Species balancing. I think.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 29, 2009, 02:19:49 AM
yah there is Species balancing. I think.

Meaning "same number of each species per team" because you can play as mixed teams.

there was also team balancing meaning "same number of players per team"

No. There isn't going to be a "Hardcore" mode as you put it. Because it would be stupid to build a broken game.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

QuoteWhen we use these two buttons at the same time, from the clutches of the beast will create a kind of armor that will protect them from attacks by enemies.

Easily my favourite preview now.

"The clutches of the beast will create a kind of armour".

Hells yeah.

QuoteThere is a flexible and lustrous. Mniam! Yum!

:D

affinity

affinity

there should be option to prevent mixed teams, otherwise this is too casual and sloppy.   It would feel
like Starcraft alliances between Terran and Zerg, but worse. 

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Mixed teams is just one game mode. There's species deathmatch and free-for-all deathmatch, too.

affinity

affinity

oh whew thanks, that saves it.

Choirboy

Choirboy

Just read in the blog of the editor of the largest gaming magazine in Sweden that they had received the review code for AvP last week. When asked he stated he was not at liberty to disclose anything about the game at this time but if he would use two words it would be "not impressed". Bummer.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: Choirboy on Dec 29, 2009, 10:15:48 AM
Just read in the blog of the editor of the largest gaming magazine in Sweden that they had received the review code for AvP last week. When asked he stated he was not at liberty to disclose anything about the game at this time but if he would use two words it would be "not impressed". Bummer.

:'(

MadassAlex

Choirboy

Choirboy

review code = final version of the game, i e not a preview but the finished game

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: Choirboy on Dec 29, 2009, 10:38:34 AM
review code = final version of the game, i e not a preview but the finished game

I realy cant believe its the final version i dont think they went gold already

Choirboy

Choirboy

http://www.gamereactor.se/blog/petter/#154598

Roughly translated:

"I can report that we have received  Mass Effect 2, AvP... all of which are to be tested for the upcoming jan/feb issue."

Now that i read it more carefully it only states specifically that its the review code for ME2, but i assume that tested in this case means reviewed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed