The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,752 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: kvon17 on Dec 21, 2009, 07:46:25 PM
Quote from: affinity on Dec 21, 2009, 06:45:18 PM
yeah see that's what I mean.  MP should avoid routines in its design.   Weapon spawns should definitely randomly choose what type of weapon spawns there.  Maybe even random weapon spots would help too. 

I disagree. It would put the marines at a huge disadvantage if they go for the minigun to find that they're actually just getting a shotgun. Keep the weapons in the same spot.

No with good skills they can still survive with a shotgun.   Besides Marines should work as a team to survive instead of racing for the minigun to feel in control.

Hmm I saw MP video and the menu shows there is an option to turn off species balancing.
But they said no classes, so yeah, can't start with a smartgun it seems.

Brother

Brother

But with BETTER skills someone will slash them before they can think of getting the weapon. And sure the marines will work as a team.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Brother on Dec 21, 2009, 08:06:26 PM
But with BETTER skills someone will slash them before they can think of getting the weapon. And sure the marines will work as a team.

But BEFORE THAT the better skills alien gets gunned down by alert better skill Marines accompanying the other player. 

They better be a team if they wanna stand a chance.  This game isn't for rambos. 

Brother

Brother

90% of the people play for their beloved scores. Sure they will watch someone's back.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Brother on Dec 21, 2009, 08:29:53 PM
90% of the people play for their beloved scores. Sure they will watch someone's back.

Those fools will be doing the deathmatch free for alls, which is a mode aimed for self-centered casuals anyway.

In no respawn matches and co-op they would be eaten alive.  

Brother

Brother

I am talking off course about the most played mode - TDM. As for the other modes depends on the people. Some refuse to stick with the rest in a basic co-op campaign.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Dec 21, 2009, 09:01:06 PM
I am talking off course about the most played mode - TDM. As for the other modes depends on the people. Some refuse to stick with the rest in a basic co-op campaign.

There is lots of team work in Survivor/Infestation. Although its VERY simple. Camp in smallest most narrow room and shoot any entrance.  :P

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

On the marine side of the things. Your MT shows you about 180 degrees of the world in front of you. So team work here. One pal on your back and you got 360 degrees. Hope that running backwards is as fast as running forward though :P

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 21, 2009, 09:38:10 PM
There is lots of team work in Survivor/Infestation. Although its VERY simple. Camp in smallest most narrow room and shoot any entrance.  :P

= fun

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Moody on Dec 21, 2009, 03:46:11 PM
At least it'll be better then P:CJ, AVP:Ex and AVP-R. :)
>:(

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Brother on Dec 21, 2009, 10:49:46 PM
= fun

I hope there's at least one map with a no-brainer location for Marines to hold out in. That way, when I get selected as the Alien, I'll hightail it to that location and camp a dark corner for a minute or so, until they're wondering where the hell the Alien is...

;D

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 22, 2009, 02:38:35 AM
Quote from: Brother on Dec 21, 2009, 10:49:46 PM
= fun

I hope there's at least one map with a no-brainer location for Marines to hold out in. That way, when I get selected as the Alien, I'll hightail it to that location and camp a dark corner for a minute or so, until they're wondering where the hell the Alien is...

;D
I'm sure there will be plenty of those. The only problem is even the thickest of players will get smart to that.. eventually. It's the whole monkey see monkey do thing, which is how most gamers learn lol.

visagepoissons

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Dec 22, 2009, 03:09:42 AMThe only problem is even the thickest of players will get smart to that.. eventually.
Oh really? Damn, I hope so... I'm still waiting on that. :p

Chet

Chet

Quote from: Moody on Dec 21, 2009, 03:46:11 PM
At least it'll be better then P:CJ, AVP:Ex and AVP-R. :)

P:CJ is a great game, i love it.

Brother

Brother

They have learning material, every single standard map in AvP2 was like that.

Every camp location must have at least two alternative entrances.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed