Blood thirsty ugly mo-fo Vs Space Samurai - which do you prefer?

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 17, 2009, 09:43:26 AM

Author
Blood thirsty ugly mo-fo Vs Space Samurai - which do you prefer? (Read 11,995 times)

Master

Elder in P2 was so f**king surprised that Harrigan killed Pussyface, then insted of making w hole in his precious skull, he gave him a memoir of old hunt and told him to sodoff. Besides samurais were inglorious blood thirsty bastards that were killing their passants without blink of the eye. If you really want to find first evidences of Predator being samurai like, then you have one in P1. Anytime`s suicide is reminiscent to samurai ways and tradition, do you already hate P1 or need some time to swollow it?

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 11:24:09 AM
Because that's a great way to earn a respectable Trophy. Beat the shit out of someone with bare hands, who's hopelessly physically outmatched.

Both Dutch, Harrigan and now Royce have defeated Predator(s) despite them being physically outmatched (Dutch to a lesser extent  ;) ) and outmatched in terms of fire power and technology.

These are human being who have defeated an alien with devastating fire power, physical strength and to top it all off they have an invinsibility shield!! I would like to believe that Predators would consider such humans as worthy future prey and hunt them primitive style (i.e. without guns, invinsibility shield ect)!

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2009, 11:29:39 AM
Elder in P2 was so f**king surprised that Harrigan killed Pussyface, then insted of making w hole in his precious skull, he gave him a memoir of old hunt and told him to sodoff. Besides samurais were inglorious blood thirsty bastards that were killing their passants without blink of the eye. If you really want to find first evidences of Predator being samurai like, then you have one in P1. Anytime`s suicide is reminiscent to samurai ways and tradition, do you already hate P1 or need some time to swollow it?

Pussyface also tried to kill him self but was stopped mid way when Harrigan chopped his arm off!

I would never hate P1  ;)

Master

So relax a bit with some of your, very radical, arguments. Significant change in Predator behaviour was made in comicbooks and novels and in first AvP (because of to big looking up at comics and novels), but never in original two films that I absolutely addore.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2009, 11:39:47 AM
So relax a bit with some of your, very radical, arguments. Significant change in Predator behaviour was made in comicbooks and novels and in first AvP (because of to big looking up at comics and novels), but never in original two films that I absolutely addore.

what radical arguments!?

Master

That P2 made preds space samurais and that Pussyface was tamed.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2009, 11:45:59 AM
That P2 made preds space samurais and that Pussyface was tamed.

Ok, your arguments in regards to Pussyface being tame have swayed me to your way of thinking in regards to him. I take back my original comments!

However, as far as I am aware, it was that elder scene in P2 that inspired the "space samurai" image in all subsequent books and film.

Dusk

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 17, 2009, 11:49:12 AM
However, as far as I am aware, it was that elder scene in P2 that inspired the "space samurai" image in all subsequent books and film.

You can't blame the movie for how people interpret things. You might as well go ahead and blame Predator 1. I've seen more than enough people call Anytime honorable because he decided to take off his Plasma Caster and take on Dutch bare handed.

keylight-di

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 01:15:42 PM
You can't blame the movie for how people interpret things. You might as well go ahead and blame Predator 1. I've seen more than enough people call Anytime honorable because he decided to take off his Plasma Caster and take on Dutch bare handed.

It's strange and funny at this same time- how many people watch these movies and everyone sees something different... So many interpretations for one behaviour......
Agreement and harmony between fans seem impossible.  ;)

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 01:15:42 PM

Anytime was honourable but only because he felt that Dutch could give him challenge compared to the other humans. Dutch was the only one to actually challenged the Predator( i.e. Dutch holding up lighted torch followed by ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! scene in movie). He also gave the Predator a real fight, up until then it was stalk, kill, stalk, kill ect Therefore I'm not suprised Anytime displayed some chilvary and fought Dutch with no weapons BUT he still wanted to rip Dutch's head off!!

Where as the Elder just gave Harrigan a gift and buggered off! THis has a more stronger influence on the space samurai image.

Dusk

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 17, 2009, 01:57:21 PM
Anytime was honourable but only because he felt that Dutch could give him challenge compared to the other humans.

Beating someone senseless through the jungle, that's some challenge. If anything he was savoring the kill.

QuoteDutch was the only one to actually challenged the Predator( i.e. Dutch holding up lighted torch followed by ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! scene in movie). He also gave the Predator a real fight, up until then it was stalk, kill, stalk, kill ect Therefore I'm not suprised Anytime displayed some chilvary and fought Dutch with no weapons BUT he still wanted to rip Dutch's head off!!

Oy, now you're calling Anytime chivalric? That's about as bad as calling them Space Samurais

QuoteWhere as the Elder just gave Harrigan a gift and buggered off! THis has a more stronger influence on the space samurai image.

And what did you want him do instead? Have Harrigan get gang raped? Kill him after he's clearly exhausted and at his limit? It was Pussyface's hunt, he lost. Their business was over.

keylight-di

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 02:08:28 PM
QuoteWhere as the Elder just gave Harrigan a gift and buggered off! This has a more stronger influence on the space samurai image.

And what did you want him do instead? Have Harrigan get gang raped? Kill him after he's clearly exhausted and at his limit? It was Pussyface's hunt, he lost. Their business was over.
For me Elder in P2 was juror/arbitrator. Harrigan wasn't his prey. He only watched the fight and gave the verdict. And in the end - he gave him "a gift" meaning "you were better. so get off  if you still can".
But if he could meet Harrigan in different circumstance, his behavior would be absolutely different.

What mean "chivalric" if could I ask?

dallevalle

the elder pred i belive knows how bad ass the preds are so for a human the thing they hunt to kill one of them i think in someway that elder repect that i bet he have seen alot so that gun was alittle victory gift as you can call it ( take it) and now bugger off hehe.

Huol

They are sadistic space monsters who want nothing more than to come down to our planet and hunt down the primitive monkeys and have fun doing it.

Mystic Ninja

Chilvary is a form of honour.

However, in regards to Anytime, him fighting Dutch weaponless was the only chilvaric thing he did! Also, like you said he was playing with him and savouring the kill. However, I would like to think that he considered Dutch was some sort of challenge! Otherwise, why did he scan Dutch facial features prior to dropping all its weapons? Surely he saw something in Dutch that was worth a mele? Although, Dutch did get his ass kicked!

Also, I don't consider Predators as Space Samurais. I always hated this concept, read my original post!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed