Here's Ridley

Started by Don Dorris, Oct 29, 2009, 11:35:21 AM

Author
Here's Ridley (Read 20,569 times)

Darkfox426

Darkfox426

Ho ho hoo, wait, so did I get this right - it is supposed to be something that takes place before Alien, yet it concerns humans, but it still has something to do with aliens, and it will not concern the Space Jockeys, so what is that? The only possibility that occurs to me now is something revolving around the fact how the Company found out about LV-426 in the first place. Saying that of course, that would be something that I would dearly love to see, as it would - hopefully - not be any poor copy of something that has been here already before, or a poor attempt to revive something. Most curious anyway.

Oooodz

Oooodz

Biggest news on this yet I think??

I do hope it somehow has information on the Space Jockeys... Unless they're gonna leave that on a sequel of the prequel?

Darkfox426

Darkfox426

Quote from: Oooodz on Oct 29, 2009, 12:52:30 PM
Biggest news on this yet I think??
Looks like it. It actually looks like something is really happening at last, and it is a concrete something, not just "maybe... something... some day". Perfect.

Quote from: Oooodz on Oct 29, 2009, 12:52:30 PMI do hope it somehow has information on the Space Jockeys... Unless they're gonna leave that on a sequel of the prequel?
Well I'd hope they will give something in there, some hint, perhaps some knowledge of the Jockeys, like, if the Company guys have heard about the Jockeys first and only then after the Aliens themselves?

Puks

Puks

They shouldn't unveil the whole jockey backstory yet, but some hints would be nice.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Sounds good :)

Darkfox426

Darkfox426

Quote from: Puks on Oct 29, 2009, 01:02:34 PM
They shouldn't unveil the whole jockey backstory yet, but some hints would be nice.
Indeed. I think hints would be fine. I only trust Ridley Scott and co. to be sane enough not to show us a full-scale movie "for the stupid ones who would not put two and two together otherwise" a la the AVP "several thousand years ago..." scene.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Oct 29, 2009, 01:07:38 PM

You kiddin'?

Riddles just went, "Yeah, I can't think of a way to do this without screwing with continuity, so f**k that whole concept".

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

That's intriguing. No more movies need to be made, but I also accept the fact that Hollywood will make sequels/prequels if something is remotely popular. So I guess we might as well enjoy the fact that Ridley's going to give us a new Alien story.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

We know how the company knew about LV-426. It intercept the transmission. That's all dealt with in the original film. :)

I'm glad the jockeys aren't being touched. It would never come close to what's in our various imaginations.

Master

Master

Ok... now I`m teased.

Darkfox426

Darkfox426

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2009, 02:04:15 PM
We know how the company knew about LV-426. It intercept the transmission. That's all dealt with in the original film. :)
Maybe, maybe not - we are not told how much the Company knew, Ash seemed sometimes like knowing more than he admitted (even apart from the basic things he was hiding from the crew). Anyway, the more would one be interested in what the heck is the movie going to be about :) I'd really wonder, then... as if you had something with Aliens there, you need to wipe out the humans in order for it to make sense that nobody knew about the Aliens until Nostromo.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2009, 02:04:15 PMI'm glad the jockeys aren't being touched. It would never come close to what's in our various imaginations.
Indeed! I think some things should be left buried where they belong, with a few obscure hints to sort of keep them alive, but no blunt revelations.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 29, 2009, 01:40:33 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Oct 29, 2009, 01:07:38 PM

You kiddin'?

Riddles just went, "Yeah, I can't think of a way to do this without screwing with continuity, so f**k that whole concept".

How does it screw up continuity?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Riddles said so himself, if you read the article.

War Wager

War Wager

He can really do what he wants regarding the lead up to the first movie. Assuming WY already knew of the creature before hand, we can assume this will be the first time the get wind of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed