The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,924 times)

DoomRulz

The Predator can hold it's own against a Xeno in CQC up to a point. The Marine isn't supposed to be able to. A mod fixing that issue would be stupid.

Ace

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 06, 2009, 05:31:21 AM
The Predator can hold it's own against a Xeno in CQC up to a point. The Marine isn't supposed to be able to. A mod fixing that issue would be stupid.
yea thats stupid if a marine was able to out muscle a pred and an alien thats just not possible

Brother

But now you have a block function. So if he successfully blocks the attack he gets a second chance, and that is not a small thing.

Tomar

Tomar

I think if the marine gets a second chance and actually has a good aim, so to speak he is a skillful player, then he could definitly be deadly from even that close range cause just ONE direct burst from his PR into the head of an alien or predator and its over!

I guess this will even it out that he can not do either any stealth kills or be that powerful in pure melee against the other two species.

From my personal perspective I do not even see there a minor problem as a human in this game and honestly I do not see any problem whatsoever that he is in any way the weakest character currently, ... and that especially not if we have the other potential weapons in mind, which he could definitly have like a possible Minigun or even a powerful one-hit kill sniper that just needs to hit the legs and or arms to kill the alien and or pred completely, although we have heard that the alien will lose limbs if you hit it with a powerful weapon as far as I know!

I think that no one of us should worry in any way regarding the human or alien cause its not them that get the weak end of the stick but rather that the preddy is the one who will be played totally different from the two predecessor games, and all this from a viewpoint of not making him again that powerful like he was in AvP 2s MP, or to outline like some have said "being overpowered" though he NEVER was overpowered as anyone could kill him but the peeps simply did not play long enough to realize this!

Yes, wasn't this always the difference in MP gaming from good to average to newb players ;)?!

magical_boy

well I'm glad that predators don't totally stink at melee, i believe in the books that the predators are very fast and agile, just not as fast and agile as the aliens
I think so far rebellion has given aliens the best melee because aliens close distance the most quickly, have the longest pounce, have an extra limb, ie the tail which should have longer reach than arms, can spot predators despite the cloak, can come at an opponent from almost any angle

tigerija

LoL guyz.

Game devs are the ones that will choose who is stronger in melee.

Look at predator 1 movie. There is nothing that refers to honor (what are predators "like"; hunters? )

There isnt probbly any honor thing, in Predator 2 movie, there was something with clans, ship was there, predators were there. AvP1, predators were hunting aliens there.
AvP2, dont know what the f*** is that. Predator was trying to prevent aliens from destroying the Earth, ok that makes no sense.

Alien movies, all of them are horror movies, monster creatures that kills and they are trying to adapt. They are like animals.

Predator 1 was pure SF horror movie.
Predator 2 was SF, Horror, Thriller movie.
AvP1 was SF, Action movie.
AvP2 was SF, Drama, Romance, Action movie.
Aliens (all of them) were SF, Horror movies.

Some people took too much personal from this franchise xD.

I dont like the how the marine works in this game only :D . Its not that much of a horror :( . Making him kinda like supersoldier.

BTW they are trying to make game balanced in their own way.

I will try a demo. If I wont like it I wont buy it. For now I am like 50/50.

BTW ikarop got my PM ? Didn get that answer back.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 06, 2009, 06:46:37 PM
BTW ikarop got my PM ? Didn get that answer back.

Nop, I've had problems with my PMs lately, I reached the limit several times. Should be ok now.

LARGE

both avp movies sucked big time. I dunno wtf are u taking from those movies. For me its just big humiliation of the predator and alien movies...

tigerija

Because aliens belong to the future with pulse rifles, but this is off topic.

Private W Hudson

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 06, 2009, 10:47:44 PM
Because aliens belong to the future with pulse rifles, but this is off topic.

Indeed.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: LARGE on Nov 06, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
both avp movies sucked big time. I dunno wtf are u taking from those movies. For me its just big humiliation of the predator and alien movies...

Yup, you are right there buddy and thats why I do not consider those two as canon cause they simply were not up the standards that we would expect from a clash of those two species!

Its a shame that Rebellion does think the other way around and rather uses those two movies as a blueprint not only for the game but especially for the MP aspect and its balancing ... *shakeshead*.

However I will get the game as I have waited long enough for a (not really) successor of AvP 2 but whether the game will please me in certain areas needs to be seen "when its done" cause if we look at the gfx it looks o.k. ;) ... .

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 06, 2009, 05:31:21 AM

I was joking about the Marine part. :P Anyways up to a point does not mean head on or straight away as it should be.

Private W Hudson

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 07, 2009, 12:29:45 AM
Some gamers impressions from Eurogamer.

da da daaaaa damn!!!11oneone more gorey in the final build i just s*** the bed :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed