The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,963 times)

Ace

yea cloaking doesnt use energy is very good

MadassAlex

Quote from: Zephon on Nov 05, 2009, 04:34:14 PM
6-8? Damn that's alot more than I expected, hopefully the damage isn't mega high on it.

Only two charged shots can be made before running out of energy

T
Quote from: Zephon on Nov 05, 2009, 04:34:14 PMhey should make the cloak drain very little energy and the caster ALOT.

Cloak drains no energy.

Quote from: Zephon on Nov 05, 2009, 04:34:14 PMThe disc ... well.. they have to make it drain although it doesn't make much sense to me why it would drain your energy ( im all for it draining though, hate disc spammers). It's just weird, I'd assume the disc would have it's own energy source.

Don't know. What I do know is that the disc is no longer lock-on, but its flight path is manually altered by the player.

magical_boy

how is predator melee better?
from what i see in vids, at most it's equal to the aliens (and aliens definitely pounce farther)

MadassAlex

Predators kill Aliens in 2 hits, Aliens kill Preds in 3. From what I've seen at least. I think Predator attacks are a tad faster than Alien ones, too, due to Alien "hand lag".

magical_boy

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 05, 2009, 11:00:35 PM
Predators kill Aliens in 2 hits, Aliens kill Preds in 3. From what I've seen at least. I think Predator attacks are a tad faster than Alien ones, too, due to Alien "hand lag".

hmm but aliens poke with their tails too, so I'm not sure they necessarily have lower dps
also, aliens cover ground faster too tho, and can stick to walls, I think all that should be factored in and not just dps to determine who is better at melee

Elliott

If you watch, the camera for the alien gets taller.

So, they crawl around, and when they attack, they stand up.

MadassAlex

Quote from: magical_boy on Nov 05, 2009, 11:15:43 PM
hmm but aliens poke with their tails too, so I'm not sure they necessarily have lower dps
also, aliens cover ground faster too tho, and can stick to walls, I think all that should be factored in and not just dps to determine who is better at melee

Unfortunately, the players we've seen thus far didn't really take advantage of the tail, so we never got to see it used properly outside of kill animations.

As an Alien fanboy, I'd like to see it as a one-hit-kill, but to preserve the purpose of the execution kills and stealth kills, it'll probably take two hits.

Elliott

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 05, 2009, 11:17:53 PM
Quote from: magical_boy on Nov 05, 2009, 11:15:43 PM

Unfortunately, the players we've seen thus far didn't really take advantage of the tail, so we never got to see it used properly outside of kill animations.

As an Alien fanboy, I'd like to see it as a one-hit-kill, but to preserve the purpose of the execution kills and stealth kills, it'll probably take two hits.
Hopefully in the full game you kill marines like that.

Or the picture of the alien on the ceiling, it shows that one alien's tail all jacked up in an unnatural pose, like it's about to impale a f**ker.

tigerija

Aliens are same as predator on melee. Or even stronger.
Predators can use laser but its hard to lock on short range and it takes time to lock.
If you shot at close range with laser it damages you and you mask. Your vision takes some electronic disorder and you are fu****.

Aliens have tails with longer range than predator melee.
Predator can take alien in melee with no problem and vice-versa.

Predator have more advantage with aliens on open areas. (disc, laser...)

Steve C

As with the other games, it will all depend on the player behind the screen.

magical_boy

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 05, 2009, 11:17:53 PM

well in fairness if everything that would be a one hit kill in reality would also be a one hit kill in the game, the game wouldn't work very well
one pulse rifle round to the head or chest would incapacitate if not kill any of the species

MadassAlex

Quote from: magical_boy on Nov 06, 2009, 02:17:39 AM
well in fairness if everything that would be a one hit kill in reality would also be a one hit kill in the game, the game wouldn't work very well
one pulse rifle round to the head or chest would incapacitate if not kill any of the species

Difference is that an Alien has to get close, then initiate a relatively slow attack to get the kill.

Chris!(($$))!

I would be happy with the Predator and Xeno being equal in melee but they are not so I am hating the fact that Xenos can only win head on if the Predator has lower health than normal or by stealth killing.

Spoon

I dont get it as I dont think a predator as a chance against an alien in a melee fight.  Maybe a predator has a chance if he had the spear but dont think with blades he would survive as alien is way quicker and has a longer reach.  Even if the predator could get a successful hit with his wrist blades the acid would kill the predator.

I really feel the predator is very weak when un-clocked and without his weaponry.

Chris!(($$))!

Cloak is useless against Xenos, thats about the only disadvantage the Predator has other than the weapons not being as cheap as they were in AvP2.

Predator has 3 points of melee
Xenos have 2 points of melee
Marines have like... 1/4 points of melee

Hopefully someone will fix this in the PC version if we get modding tools but PS3 and X360 fans get an ass to the face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed