The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,835 times)

Xhan

Quoteorgans from a human at that range as well and either heavily cripple him to outright kill him so ... .

And? Immaterial. All three are torn to ass by a Pulse rifle. As it should be.

MadassAlex

Quote from: Tomar on Oct 30, 2009, 01:12:15 AM
Edit: No sorry Mada**alex several hit him as you could even see if you recall those scenes from Predator 2 right into his torso or stomach if I need to be more precise and have you ever seen a shotgun pellet what it would do to a human body if dozens of shrapnels hit your open stomach ;)? You need to look some documanteries that show ballistical science in action where Human bodies are recreated with some form chemicals that take shape into a human like skin and look what shotgun pellets would do with a human body and its corresponding organs. It would annihilate the organs when dozens of shrapnels hit them up close as they did with the Predator and this is quite a similar effect to several pulse rifle rounds ;).

They don't explode, I'm sure.

Either way, there are numerous reports of people surviving that kind of gunshot from range. Bleeding, but alive. There's even reports of people getting shot and not feeling it, which is a little more than you can say from the Predator of the first movie.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 30, 2009, 01:22:54 AM
Quote from: Tomar on Oct 30, 2009, 01:12:15 AM
Edit: No sorry Mada**alex several hit him as you could even see if you recall those scenes from Predator 2 right into his torso or stomach if I need to be more precise and have you ever seen a shotgun pellet what it would do to a human body if dozens of shrapnels hit your open stomach ;)? You need to look some documanteries that show ballistical science in action where Human bodies are recreated with some form chemicals that take shape into a human like skin and look what shotgun pellets would do with a human body and its corresponding organs. It would annihilate the organs when dozens of shrapnels hit them up close as they did with the Predator and this is quite a similar effect to several pulse rifle rounds ;).

They don't explode, I'm sure.

Either way, there are numerous reports of people surviving that kind of gunshot from range. Bleeding, but alive. There's even reports of people getting shot and not feeling it, which is a little more than you can say from the Predator of the first movie.

Well they do not explode, yep true but I highly doubt that ANY human EVER survived several 12g shotgun pellets straight to his stomach/chest from lets say 3 - 4 meters ;). He would with a probability of 101% die and I mean to his bare chest/stomach and not some fancy kevlar west or bulletproof protection that he wears.

I assume that he would be already after the second or third hit right away dead and I mean really dead ... not in coma or something ;).

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 30, 2009, 01:16:00 AM
Quoteorgans from a human at that range as well and either heavily cripple him to outright kill him so ... .

And? Immaterial. All three are torn to ass by a Pulse rifle. As it should be.

?

Sorry could you perhaps clarify what you mean :)?

kvon17

people have survived that, Tomar.

People have survived gun shots to the head. People have survived their brain being impaled by a street sign. It happens.

Xhan

The resultant internal detonation by a PR round is going to seriously debilitating, and the Predator has the same physical properties as a human... which means increased toughness aside, the Pred's physiological set up is EXACTLY what the weapon is designed to break. It may take more rounds, but the resultant damage isn't going to be mitigated to any greater degree.

MadassAlex

Speaking of Predator physiology:

They bleed, which means (apart from the fact that we can kill it) that they have an organ for pumping that blood. An equivalent to our heart.

Blood carries nutrients and energy around the body. That means that Predators have some kind of digestive system so that nutrients can enter the blood stream. It also means that they have some sort of respiratory system so that the blood can oxidise (with methane, we're led to believe).

They feel pain, which means they have a nervous system. They make executive decisions, which means they have a brain with a frontal lobe like ours. They hear and see, which means they have temporal lobes and occipital lobes.

In so many ways, Predators are just like earth creatures. And just as mortal.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: kvon17 on Oct 30, 2009, 01:32:08 AM
people have survived that, Tomar.

People have survived gun shots to the head. People have survived their brain being impaled by a street sign. It happens.

Yes, I know those guys like Phineas Cage if you have heard of him that had a metal rod (if I remember well) straight through his brain and survived to tell the tale. However in medical terms this was very lucky as would have been things like gun shots to the torso as they simply failed to hit a vital part of the body and in the case of Phineas the brain ;).

However if several (5 - 6 shots) from a pump gun hit you and the guy who shots it is not braindead and aims for vital parts of your body ... you would DIE outright there is no saying and coming with some fancy things like that humans have survived this and that, buddy medicine is also a kind of natural science and if your heart is being torn apart you are outright dead or if your head gets destroyed by pellets you are DEAD! There is no denying in this mate. You need to have a LOT of luck that vital parts of your body and or brain do not get damaged like things that are important for breathing/heart control etc. to survive those things but against a good shooter this chance is nearly nonexistant and thats what I mean, after all Harrigan played a seasoned police officer or detective as far as I remember.

Those guys know how to shoot and where to hit in order to KILL and not leave you just wounded or heavily crippled ;).

Edit: Quite a nice explanation there Mada**alex and I like it as you take a bit of our known science and try to combine it with how an alien like species metabolism and anatomy could work and I even agree with you, however what I mean is simply that the Predator is an alien like species that could despite your nice explanation still be completely different, although being pure fiction anyway. What I mean with this is that he could have multiple small heart like organs accross vital areas of his body that pump what we call blood through a somewhat "cardiovascular system" even if it is not the same or it could even completely be different you know ... we do not know this even though he can breath oxygen as we can ... who knows maybe he has lungs but maybe not and even if he has lungs they could easily be completely different to ours which is highly probable considering that this species seems to exist WAY longer (I even once said that I thought that this alien species seems to be several generations ahead of us cause no organism can survive what they can survive if you remember it ;) ) then the entire humanity does. They could have existed since the dinosaurs area of the cretaceous age or even further ago like the jurassic age ... you know having hundreds of millions of years could make them completely different to us even if they share things that we thing could be in common to us cause their evolution is certainly (and thats something every serious bio-scientist and or scientist in evolution would agree with) being completely different to ours as their environment they were born in etc. is totally different to ours ;). You know as a scientist you look at the elemental area and every small difference in the evolutional process of millions of years can result in massive differences in the current physiology of a species, especially if it exists that long!

Edit2: Of course he will die sooner or later the problem is just that the Predator is very resilient to quite some forms of attack you know and thats what has been shown in the movies ;). He can survive things no "living organism" could and come out either just wounded or angry hehe :P ;). If you put enough PR rounds into him he will of course also inevitably die like everything else we know of, as long as you not aim bad and hit only his armour cause then you can fire as much rounds as you want cause it will not hurt him then rather his armour which could be damaged.
However lets come back to our original topic which was the Predator symbols, shall we ;)?! What I meant earlier with it that you found out why the devs put in such a hp/energy HUD element is that they want to conceal that the Predator has lost quite a bit of his original health we have been used to in the former games and how can you can make this the most easiest way without drawing to much attention? ... yes right by putting "less informations" regarding your energy/hp elements and not trying to make them as detailed as they were in the predecessor games but still looking big and "blocky". This is not good due to obvious reasons ;).

MadassAlex

The basic point is that if you fill his body with armour-piercing, explosive ammo, there won't be anything functioning, since a failure in the cardiovascular system or respiratory system causes a failure in the other.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Also remember the reason so many Xenos were taken down so easily is because of their head which is a big ass target. If a Predator or human were shot in the head five times by a PR like a Xeno I do not think there would be much of a head to shoot after the first few shots. Most of the shots hit the Xeno's torso - head and it at least five shots from the PR. IF that was done to a human and the a rounds did not penetrate STRAIGHT through the human there would not a open casket funeral. Another reason to explain why a Predator could take more PR rounds than a Xeno is because the rounds are powerful enough to penetrate straight through the entire Predator. Why I think the rounds are strong to penetrate through an entire body is because of the scene in ALIEN 3 where a WY Mercenary unloads on "85". I mean 85 took about 10 shots and he was only a bloody mess and not torn to pieces as the Xenos were in ALIENS and I think thats because the rounds busted straight through him.

Also on a side note: We NEVER saw anyon kill a Xeno with a pistol from ALIENS. She shot it from point blank range, it got pissed off and spazzed out, then went tumbling down the vents but dead, NO.

MadassAlex

Good point.

Bullets that are armour-piercing tend to go straight through soft targets in real life and cause less damage than tumbling rounds.

kvon17

But you'll bleed a lot more.

MadassAlex

Blood loss ain't much compared to torn organs.

kvon17

Well yeah, but either way, without immediate medical attention, you're gonna die.

magical_boy

Why would marines use explosive rounds against aliens? In the second movie, they didn't really buy Ripley's story about the 7 foot alien with the acid and everything but after a few encounters wouldn't they want to use rounds that minimize acid splatter?

sjs41390

Hey, has anyone seen this one yet  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5B4VU0YoBw its some alien gameplay with some pretty decent action and it lasts about 3 minutes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed