The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,948 times)

skull-splitter

Quote from: affinity on Oct 30, 2009, 07:09:44 AM
man this year is so freaking boring.   

3 more months before AVP is released.

Still we will have Borderlands to support Gearbox (and ourselves) and CoD6: MW2, Bioshock 2, Assassins Creed 2... I'll have time short.

affinity

blah, none of those games interest me.  Borderlands might be nice but I think I'll get bored so fast, unless I find 3 others that are obsessed with the game online and are fun.  But even then, Borderlands looks like Fallout 3,  so few enemies, little to do besides explore and shoot.  Loot won't hold my interest.

Hmmm maybe I should get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 since the online co-op looks really good.  but I dunno.  this is a really lackluster 4th quarter.   if only Ubisoft released a new Rainbow Six.

and I dont have a 360 anymore so I can't play Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2.

Elude

Elude

I'm suprised out of all the footage thats been out I've still yet to see head bobbing, it looks exactly like counter strike where you just kinda glide across the floor. I'm sure they'll add it but its suprising that they havent already considering they've already spent alot of time with trophy kill animations.

It's actually hard to think of a first person shooter that doesnt have headbob, infact the only three that come to mine are the first AvP, counter strike, and fallout3.

Even the slightest smallest headbob would be neat to have, AvP2 had a very nice low level headbob that didnt distract your aim, but it was still noticeable.

affinity

affinity

either way is fine but yeah it is a good effect to have.

but at the rate aliens move, I think people would get naucious.

Dzuksi

Quote from: sjs41390 on Oct 30, 2009, 03:45:53 AM
Hey, has anyone seen this one yet  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5B4VU0YoBw its some alien gameplay with some pretty decent action and it lasts about 3 minutes.

Now that's PLAYA!!  8)

Purebreedalien

Private W Hudson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboevCyvDDE

Some more footage lasts about 2.30

sorry if it's been posted.

ikarop

Yep it was, but thanks for the link.

Corporal Hicks

Spaghetti

snaileri

Smells like typical console port.
Like, when you die, you have to spectate the match with fixed camera angles (i.e. no free-look mode).
Rebellion is abandoning PC gamers too, just like IW.

wolfrequiem

Coverage of the event very well explored by the forum, congratulations ... for the game the more I see video and photo ... more I believe it will be one of the best games made by avp ... just ask one thing Sega .. . do not delay this game for the love of God! There's one thing they did in the game that I thought important, used the submissions and other positive attributes of the series avp movie, now I'm eager to see the Queen and predalien and high definition in my house ... and the game of course ...

Inferno

Quote from: Inferno on Oct 29, 2009, 06:28:23 PM
Hicks,

in one video you did, a predator was going to stealth kill another predator. However it ended before the execution. Were there different kill animations for pred vs pred? Also does the Pred have a kill animation like that of the alien where u grab the tail?

I'm curious on how the stealth kills will be played out....can you interrupt a stealth kill? If so...

1. Is the one being stealth killed, released?
2. Is the one being stealth killed, die?

Do you take damage while the stealth kill continues to go on?

Can you stealth kill someone that just stealth killed another? effectively creating a steatlh kill train.... and you can't do nething about it because they will stealth kill from behind u.

Repost because I really like this answered, the stealth kills look too easy to execute and you have no defense.

Sylizar

I think there is a possibility for Queen in MP, judging by how they couldn't respond.

Steve C

Never really liked that queen molt thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed