Sign the petition - Dedicated Servers and Mod Tools for AvP3

Started by |ES|REDRUM|LDR|, Oct 21, 2009, 08:56:20 PM

Author
Sign the petition - Dedicated Servers and Mod Tools for AvP3 (Read 28,769 times)

CasualGamer

Quote from: FrankO on Nov 17, 2009, 04:28:17 PM
Wow.  No servers seems archaic.  If this game is P2P, that is a dealbreaker for me.  I am a die-hard Aliens fan, but I am not settling.  AvP2 was not perfect, but when you shot someone they died - I cannot stand a lag filled match, especially where instant stealth kills are such a huge factor.

Is it really shaping up to be P2P?

Mwahahahaha. I agree with what you're saying and despite the fact that I've been waiting 10 years for this game, if it doesn't at least support player-hosted dedicated servers I won't be purchasing it. With that said, AvP2 without lag? Oh Lordy hahahahaha dude. AvP2 had some of the worst netcode I've ever seen. Ridiculous amount of playermodel ghosting and ghost shots. Why do you think the Runner alien was so godlike? You moved so fast that even when people nailed you, the shot would ghost and you wouldn't get hit.

Which reminds me, if people get into the habit of bunnyhopping in AvP3 MP I will cry.

Brother

The net code lag is not the same as the internet/connection lag. AvP2's broken net code was the main reason for ghost shots, but the fast servers made up for it a bit. If that net code was combined with p2p servers - cu later aligater.

CasualGamer

Yep you're right. AvP2 was still brutal as hell. God I shudder to think what it would have been like with matchmaking back then, particularly considering broadband was still in its incipience at the time.

snaileri

Dediservers not only help with latency, but also with modding and creating strong communities around servers.

CasualGamer

And hackers/griefers who, at the moment, run rampant in Cod:MW2.

Sifer2

Hey guys just wondering but if they don't support dedicated servers what are the chances you think of the PC community being able to hack it an force it to support them? Cause I just read about how some people have done that with MW2. I saw a vid of them playing on their server with some mods they were jumping super high an spamming infinite grenades at each other it was pretty funny. Then again maybe they were only able to do it cause it was built off of COD4 which did support dedicated.

Brother

Quote from: Sifer2 on Nov 20, 2009, 06:54:51 AM
Hey guys just wondering but if they don't support dedicated servers what are the chances you think of the PC community being able to hack it an force it to support them? Cause I just read about how some people have done that with MW2. I saw a vid of them playing on their server with some mods they were jumping super high an spamming infinite grenades at each other it was pretty funny. Then again maybe they were only able to do it cause it was built off of COD4 which did support dedicated.
8)
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=26913.0

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed