Call of duty: Black ops

Started by panzytuio, Oct 14, 2009, 11:06:34 PM

Author
Call of duty: Black ops (Read 142,580 times)

panzytuio

panzytuio

So i heard that the next cod (cod 7) will be about the Vietnam War.  :o What are your guy's thoughts on this.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I think it would be cool, I've always wanted to see a good 'Nam game.

I know CoD7 is in production, but no one really knows what its about. The best clue thus far is that Treyarch was reserving music rights from the Vietnam era; however they were also procuring music from the Fifties as well as the Eighties. The music is Russian, American and from various other nations.

One of the most interesting ideas I've heard is that you will play a career soldier during the Cold War and you'll be playing through the different proxy wars of that time (on each side of the conflict). So you have Korea, Vietnam, Afganistan, etc.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Vietnam would be on the top of my list, but I have to say the Desert Storm campaign is very interesting, and it'd be cool to play as a soldier during the war, even if the Jungle like setting of Vietnam is more appealing than endless desert.

Huol

Huol

I always thought a good vietnam game should be scary as f**k.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

A Vietnam one would be cool. I've always wanted to see a Korean War video game, though. It just seems so underrepresented in the popular culture, with the notable exception of M*A*S*H.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

World war two games have been done to shit. Now Vietnam...

we have yet to good really good one. Hopefully they get it right this time. The only vietnam war game I ever played that was pretty good was Vietcong for the PC.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I think a Vietnam game would be too much like the Marine missions from W@W. That's why developers keep pumping out WW2 games, because there weren't really that many wars suitable to base games on.

American Civil War = Very basic weapons, very little variation to work with.

Vietnam = Oh look! More jungle. Although to be fair, there are a few battles that could work well as set pieces, such as Ia Drang. But as above, it would be very similar to W@W.

Korean War = I don't know enough about it to comment on what it was like. Come to think of it, I've never seen a single movie about it? Strange

I think if anything, they may try and set in amidst some future war. But if I wanted to play that, I'd probably just fire up Ghost Recon.

QuoteThe only vietnam war game I ever played that was pretty good was Vietcong for the PC.

Never played Conflict:Vietnam? I thought that was decent.

Oooodz

Oooodz

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 15, 2009, 07:48:55 AM
I think a Vietnam game would be too much like the Marine missions from W@W. That's why developers keep pumping out WW2 games, because there weren't really that many wars suitable to base games on.

That was exactly my first thought, and it put me off the idea from the start  :(

The best Vietnam game I've ever played was Battlefield: Vietnam... What a game!

I just hope that they can pass over 50% of what they did in Modern Warfare over to Vietnam

EEV2650

EEV2650

You never see WWI games either.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Unless you want to count those "Death" sequences from The Darkness...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Vietnam? Ugh....the only way Vietnam would ever work is if they scared the crap out of the gamer with all the booby traps in the jungles and whatnot....but it's highly doubtful so I don't want one.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Yeah but I haven't found any of the COD games to be scary really  :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My point is relevant only to Vietnam...there's many great freaking battles in WW2...that's one of the reasons they keep making them. Vietnam hardly has any from my understanding and the only way to make the Vietnam setting popular is if they focus on certain aspects like immersing the player into the atmosphere of the game, making you freaked out over Booby traps...that sort of shit, CoD: WaW...curse this shitty game to hell...coudln't make me all fearful every time the japanese would pop out to attack....if they can't make that more intense in some way for the Vietnam setting, than the guerrila tactics of the Vietcong will just be lame.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Ah right I see your point now. If they were going to do a CoD:Vietnam, I would like to see it on a much smaller scale then the previous two. Perhaps base it on a small team of Navy SEALS, working their way through the jungle on a POW rescue mission. Along the way they find out that the Viet Cong have been developing a chemical agent to use against the US troops, and split into two groups. One goes one the original mission for the POWs, the other tries to find the plant that's producing the stuff.

Actually, now I've read it that's kind of lame but I'll post it anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I say bring on a Vietnam-set game. I'm sick of WW2 games. I stopped playing them after the first CoD.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed