Steam engine

Started by LeoTPred, Aug 22, 2009, 08:49:21 PM

Author
Steam engine (Read 6,202 times)

DrHobo

DrHobo

I'd like to have Steam because I never had any problems with it.

QuoteAlso, steam has a nice multiplayer browser interface
That's the most important aspect to me.

Next thing I'd like to want is a dropdown console in the game.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: VainApocalypse on Jan 03, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 03, 2010, 09:57:45 AM
Server admins + admin tools - the most effective weapon against hackers.

But then you invariably get fascist admins who seem more interested in abusing their power than playing the game. I have seen it so many times that server admins are becoming a pet peeve of mine.

A simple vote kick feature would be more appropriate.

Then you don't play in those servers, their reputation will get them sooner or later.

Voting just makes it worst. The hacker/spammer or what ever is coming back in game all the time, interrupts your gameplay and annoys you even more. Plus he invites his buddies in the server so people can't get enough votes.

Thats why you have admins. They make sure rules are respected, that everyone plays fair and have fun.

Moody

Moody

I hate Steam, App-less MP FTW.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

I used to hate STEAM but it's excellent now, especially for multiplayer. You can access servers for all games that support it through one window without ever launching another EXE.

And I suspect this ease of use will keep the game a live much longer. Put it this way, if it runs through STEAM then it won't be getting shut off.

Warrior_Saladin

Warrior_Saladin

does this mean we will be able to register a retail copy of the game with our steam account?

Caosss

Caosss

Quote from: Warrior_Saladin on Jan 03, 2010, 04:23:06 PM
does this mean we will be able to register a retail copy of the game with our steam account?

Perhaps, but if not you can always just use the option "Add a non steam game" which will make it work like any game you did get from steam, which means you launch it from the steam window and stuff like that.

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I'd rather have a game that doesn't require Steam or any other program, but since that's impossible these days I guess Steam is ok. So long as it doesn't use GFWL I'm fine with it.

Razz

Razz

I love Steam infact i'd go as far to say its the linchpin that still keeps me with PC gaming. :)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Does Steam goes with DRM ?.

Sifer2

Sifer2

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 03, 2010, 09:34:08 PM

No generally not there are only a handful of games on Steam that have DRM in them still I think. An that's not the fault of Steam is was just the publisher insisting on leaving the DRM in there. If this game requires Steam to install as I suspect it will then it probably wont have any other form of DRM or CD check. Just have to be connected to internet an it will update the game an then you can put it in offline mode if you want.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Sifer2 on Jan 04, 2010, 05:09:11 AM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 03, 2010, 09:34:08 PM

No generally not there are only a handful of games on Steam that have DRM in them still I think. An that's not the fault of Steam is was just the publisher insisting on leaving the DRM in there. If this game requires Steam to install as I suspect it will then it probably wont have any other form of DRM or CD check. Just have to be connected to internet an it will update the game an then you can put it in offline mode if you want.

That would be very cool, indeed.

Happy Alien

Happy Alien

I used to think steam was okay, then after using it for a while, i hated it. Problems aside, every server is full of people screaming at each other and the community can be less than friendly on a regular basis. Trying to get by with App-less games and Xfire.

Edit: The TF2 community is very friendly for the most part, but the CS:S community has been terrible lately.

Warrior_Saladin

Warrior_Saladin

Quote from: Happy Alien on Jan 04, 2010, 05:34:32 AM
I used to think steam was okay, then after using it for a while, i hated it. Problems aside, every server is full of people screaming at each other and the community can be less than friendly on a regular basis. Trying to get by with App-less games and Xfire.
Really? what game was that m8? I play TF2 all the time using steam and its got the friendliest community ive seen so far. Much better than windows live i feel.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Happy Alien on Jan 04, 2010, 05:34:32 AMevery server is full of people screaming at each other and the community can be less than friendly on a regular basis.
Ummm thats just like any other server or community with or without steam, why is it Steam's fault that people are pricks online?

Brother

Brother

True that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed