Egg Morphing or Queen?

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 31, 2009, 01:19:55 PM

Which would you rather see in this movie?

Egg Morphing
79 (23.4%)
Queen
96 (28.4%)
Both
103 (30.5%)
Anything except the Predalien's reproduction method
60 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 323

Author
Egg Morphing or Queen? (Read 91,573 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

People think about this way too hard in the wrong direction.

NickRude

NickRude

Ever since i saw the deleted footage of the egg morph from alien I tried to think why the hell would the alien do this since the queen later on is shown to make the eggs.  So i came to this conclusion:  When alone the drone can create queen eggs from victims.  This is the only way possible for queens to be introduced.  I don't like the molting idea do to how they select which one to molt and if there is only 1 alien it will be defenseless during/after the molt.  And the queen making another queen egg would just lead to another hive which could possibly result in a war between the 2 hives.  Plus leaving such an important queen egg out in harms way is just foolish.  By my way of thinking, if the hive is destroyed only 1 drone needs to survive to keep the species going.

Xeno_Yautja

Xeno_Yautja

Queen.

Egg morphing concept is stupid and was left out for good reason.

SiL

SiL

Yeah. Pacing.

Xeno_Yautja

Xeno_Yautja

No. Stupid concept.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Pacing was the main reason. It also looked shit and they decided to write it off as a bad idea rather than reshoot it. The 5 films following ignored the idea completely and was only reintroduced in '03. It could be ok if handled right, otherwise it could end up like a cheesy 60s creature idea.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xeno_Yautja on Oct 08, 2010, 11:12:25 PM
No. Stupid concept.
Scott cut it for pacing.

It remains the deciding factor into why it didn't make it into the final product. Some people on the production didn't like it, some did -- Scott liked it enough to edit it back in.

samoht

samoht

Egg morphing is a good idea.

The queen idea is better.

But I like egg morphing as an alternate way of reproduction. Like if a lone alien has no queen or something.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Maybe all eggs layed in any way other than through the egg-sack are Queen bearing?

So a lone adult can make a Queen bearing egg via egg morphing. Having the Queen lay one without the sack also is Queen bearing, as in the egg the Queen stashed in the Sulaco for A3.

The reason for the egg sack could be as simple as making sure they are not Queens by soak them in something that makes sure they are only normal eggs.

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 08, 2010, 08:05:55 AM
People think about this way too hard in the wrong direction.

Although I hate EggMorphing, I do agree^^.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Gotta geek out, here.

I only managed to read up to page 11 of this thread, when the 'was Dallas the intended host for Brett's facehugger? Or were they both being turned into eggs?' argument was in full swing. A lot of good points were presented, but I'm not sure anyone considered Ash's testimony. Going from ADF's novelization of Alien, which contains dialogue from several drafts of the script (some of you may know more about that than I), we hear him say:

"The signal itself was frighteningly specific, very detailed."

Leading us to believe that he may have known much more about the alien's life-cycle, based on information gleaned from the Space Jockeys' warning. He then goes on to say:

"The problem of you vs. the alien will produce a simple and elegant solution: only one of you will survive."

Could this be taken to mean that two human victims = one egg, one host? And could this be further taken to mean that Ripley, Parker, and Lambert = one egg, one host, and one survivor?

Food for thought.  :)

SM

SM

Quote"The signal itself was frighteningly specific, very detailed."

This is undermined shortly after when Ash refers to the Alien as "almost certainly hostile".  Not very specific or detailed after all.

QuoteCould this be taken to mean that two human victims = one egg, one host? And could this be further taken to mean that Ripley, Parker, and Lambert = one egg, one host, and one survivor?

No, I think it's simply - either the Alien will survive or Ripley, Parker and Lambert will manage to kill it.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Meathead320 on Oct 09, 2010, 03:58:54 AM
Maybe all eggs layed in any way other than through the egg-sack are Queen bearing?

So a lone adult can make a Queen bearing egg via egg morphing. Having the Queen lay one without the sack also is Queen bearing, as in the egg the Queen stashed in the Sulaco for A3.

The reason for the egg sack could be as simple as making sure they are not Queens by soak them in something that makes sure they are only normal eggs.

I like your logic. You posted some shit about genetics that was refreshingly informed. Thougt I'd mention it.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 28, 2011, 07:55:20 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Oct 09, 2010, 03:58:54 AM

I like your logic. You posted some shit about genetics that was refreshingly informed. Thougt I'd mention it.

Thanks man. Glad you like.

worriors

worriors

Egg morphing sounds more interesting. It could explan what happend to the crew of the derilict space craft. Remember all those eggs in the hold, that kain saw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed