Teaser Trailer

Started by Weasel, Jul 29, 2009, 11:57:25 PM

Author
Teaser Trailer (Read 1,720 times)

Weasel

Weasel

When do you think we can expect a teaser trailer, of a full blown trailer? The rumor is 7th of July so a end of the year trailer?

I mean, we'll probably get set pictures and other goodies first, but the trailer is where it's at. What do you think?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I think photography has not begun yet. I would say mid production. A few months maybe.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

They don't need footage to make a teaser trailer, remember the first AvP teaser? That had no footage at all from the movie.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I never saw that one.
I always assumed that teasers were put out right before post and trailers were put out after post.
Thanks for the clarification.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 30, 2009, 02:59:59 AM
I never saw that one.
I always assumed that teasers were put out right before post and trailers were put out after post.
That depends on the film, for AvP, Fox released one before they even started shooting i think.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 30, 2009, 03:01:22 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 30, 2009, 02:59:59 AM
I never saw that one.
That depends on the film, for AvP, Fox released one before they even started shooting i think.

You're correct. It just showed tight close-ups of the monsters and then revealed at the end them attacking one another.

Its depressing now looking back because that trailer actually got me excited about the film.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIts depressing now looking back because that trailer actually got me excited about the film.
Yeah, they definitially knew how to market that piece of crap.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The next trailer was even better because it combined footage from this trailer and actual footage from the film. I couldn't believe I was seeing Aliens and Predators in a film together.  :o At Last!!!

Then the movie came out.  :'(

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Seeing how Fox does with most of their movies, I go with early 2010.

The One and Only

The One and Only

The SuperBowl would most likely be the first place the teaser will rear it's head. Although if CBS has the SuperBowl this year, we'll see little to no movie trailers ,and a metric ton for the Godawful Grammies like the the eye network did the last time they had the Big Game. >:( I mean every commercial break that game had an ad for the stupid show. I think there were only two movies advertised on the whole thing. Also probably in mid-February would be a good target date. Like what was done with Revenge of the Fallen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed