HALO: Anime Mini-Series

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 23, 2009, 04:23:58 PM

Author
HALO: Anime Mini-Series (Read 10,964 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

My Review

IMO (yeah... I'm from B.net), it was extremely well done. The non-serious one was friggin' hilarious, and all of the other ones were a Halo-lore fan's wet dream. The music done for them was amazing, and very representative of Marty O'Donnell's work on the franchise.

The only two gripes I have are the female elite design in "The Duel", and the sometimes troubling animation in "The Package".

My personal favourite was the two "Origins" episodes, which gave such insight into the series, and totally hinted at what was to come with the Chief and Cortana (it actually takes place after Halo 3!).

Amazing set (I got the Blu-ray version), and it was totally money well spent. I think more people should see that this presentation isn't just some Halo-milking cash cow, but an amazing look into different sides of the Halo universe that match and at times surpass the novels.

5/5 - Must watch for and Halo fan

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I need to get this, sounds amazing.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It really is (I hope my review helped  ;D)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Everybody's review helped, it just sounds awesome.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm gonna watch them all again tonight... it's so grand!

Navaha

Navaha

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm a Floodian- It's a terrible disease. That's why you'll notice that I'm always on the off-topic forums here.

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Feb 18, 2010, 11:10:29 PM
I'm a Floodian- It's a terrible disease. That's why you'll notice that I'm always on the off-topic forums here.

Same, pretty much. I'm Navaha there as well as here, if you've seen my posting it's obvious I'm perfectly comfortable with the madness. XD

On an on-topic note, is The Package as dumb as the preview of it on Waypoint made it look? :P

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I had a gripe about "The Package" in my review above.

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Feb 18, 2010, 11:55:15 PM

Sorry, the first time I read it you lost me at "I'm from B.Net". :P

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Navaha on Feb 19, 2010, 12:05:48 AM
Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Feb 18, 2010, 11:55:15 PM

Sorry, the first time I read it you lost me at "I'm from B.Net". :P
Hahaha! Yeah, that's quite a attention catching statement.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wow, Bungie.net. I go on all the time, but I'm perma banned :(. Did a bunch of stupid things like claim I was trapped in a mall with zombies (in the flood). I "hijacked" peoples posts and made them talk about pie. (the flood). All of there were 3-10 day bans. The final straw was when I went on the Halo 3 forum and asked if they would add a scoped shotgun so I could pwn the noobs. I regret this now, but it was all in good fun.

And about Halo Legends, yeah, it was amazing. Watched every episode twice regular and once with commentary (my only bonus feature, since I bought the one disc). After beating all the games, reading the books, and watching the anime, (all of which I own) I really want to read the comics. I read The Graphic Novel (dont own it though) and have yet to try out Uprising, Helljumper, Genesis, and Bloodline.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, I always found that the B.net mods were way to sensitive to banning. I think the B.net forums need to improve their layout a bit too (allow custom avatars and signatures!). But all things considered, I find the aesthetic of it quite relaxing on the eyes (the dim forum background colours), which I always find essential to forums if I'm going to stay there long.

I really appreciate AvPGalaxy's customization options- It's rare to see this much available.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2010, 12:31:07 AM
Wow, Bungie.net. I go on all the time, but I'm perma banned :(. Did a bunch of stupid things like claim I was trapped in a mall with zombies (in the flood). I "hijacked" peoples posts and made them talk about pie. (the flood). All of there were 3-10 day bans. The final straw was when I went on the Halo 3 forum and asked if they would add a scoped shotgun so I could pwn the noobs. I regret this now, but it was all in good fun.

And about Halo Legends, yeah, it was amazing. Watched every episode twice regular and once with commentary (my only bonus feature, since I bought the one disc). After beating all the games, reading the books, and watching the anime, (all of which I own) I really want to read the comics. I read The Graphic Novel (dont own it though) and have yet to try out Uprising, Helljumper, Genesis, and Bloodline.

Same although I didn't really enjoy the graphic novel that much.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I did, but I think Evolutions and Legends were much better anthologies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed