Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,524,170 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I can dig it  8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Warbat looks pretty cool.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Kaijus are like champagne. If they are not made in Japan, they are just sparkling wine.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

dave1978

dave1978

Im looking forward to this film but my 1 big hope is that the military have finally learnt after all their encounters with Godzilla that their bullets, missiles, bombs etc have no effect at all.  They know that he survived a point blank Hydorgen bomb so if this movie is again filled with dozens of F-35's attacking i will not be happy.

Huggs

Huggs

Spoiler
that's not godzilla
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

And if that's the case, what a big joke this movie could be already.

Huggs

Huggs

Spoiler
the last scene where he shows up in the morning after the city is destroyed is where he'll show up. Kong having defeated mechagodzilla during the night.
[close]

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 27, 2021, 03:55:23 PM
And if that's the case, what a big joke this movie could be already.

Spoiler
A quick google search can show you that there are already mechagodzilla figures for the movie, confirming its existence in the film.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Mechagodzilla is a given, and I'd say some sort of Godzilla disguise is indeed likely, though I'd say that the majority of the shots that we saw in the trailer are likely of the real Godzilla.

If I had to guess, Mechagodzilla's presence is probably what has him so riled up, considering he was a "good guy" in the last two outings. I'd be willing to bet that Godzilla sees Mechagodzilla as a challenger to the throne, in the way that King Ghidorah was, and there are a few reasons as to why that may be the case. Option A, perhaps Mechagodzilla is built around the skeleton of the deceased Godzilla corpse that we saw in the 2014 film, so Mechagodzilla appears to Godzilla as a living creature and a challenger. Option B, the severed Ghidorah head is a sort of "brain" within the Mechagodzilla chassis, and it evokes the same reaction out of Godzilla. Or option C, Mechagodzilla is outfitted with the Orca tech from KotM and the humans that are controlling Mechagodzilla are specifically using that to rile up the real Godzilla.
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's B and C.

Huggs

Huggs

Ive heard of A & B being likely.

I have some doubts about C, but it'll probably wind up using all 3.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

B is confirmed by the early leaks (that have so far been completely correct), C feels inevitable with the "badzilla" stuff being played up so much.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If B is a fact, then
Spoiler
it's Ghidorah strike back in a way.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Charles Dance isn't listed in the cast. Makes me wonder...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed