Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,523,874 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 26, 2021, 06:46:02 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 25, 2021, 09:56:33 PM
He has grown quite a lot since last time, that helps :laugh:
He still looks shorter than godzilla, but he is close enough I guess.

They could've shown Godzilla fight back a bit more, it will probably be the case for the next trailer, along with
Spoiler
mechagodzilla's reveal I think
[close]
Spoiler
I don't think they'll put him in the trailer any more than he was in the first trailer. Too much of a spoiler for the movie.
[close]

I bet they will, it's how trailer works.

Anyways, let's not kid ourselves here, this movie will have bad story and awful human characters, just like the previous godzilla movie. Let's just hope fight scenes will be intense, correctly directed and not saturated by dust etc. The cinematography already looks generic as f**k.

Andrea90

Andrea90

It seems release date will be 31st March.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Cool, didn't realise the axe was a Godzilla dorsal plate.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 26, 2021, 10:29:14 PM
Cool, didn't realise the axe was a Godzilla dorsal plate.

Makes me wonder if it comes from this Godzilla, or if it is from an ancient, deceased Godzilla (like the skeleton seen in the 2014 film) in the Hollow Earth...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh I had forgotten that Agartha was part of Legendary's MonsterVerse  :laugh:

Edit: They better give me this Kaiju  ::)

https://twitter.com/TinaFate1/status/1353299820778188800

Master Chief

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 26, 2021, 11:06:55 PM
Oh I had forgotten that Agartha was part of Legendary's MonsterVerse  :laugh:

Would love to see some of the conflict actually set in there. I wouldn't be shocked if that's the case, given this shot:

Looks almost like upside down mountains coming from above, presumably some sort of layer of Earth above Kong's head.

Also, unrelated to the Hollow Earth but related to that shot, it looks kind of like the Super X flying behind him. If they're gonna do that, we should get some Maser Tanks in here, too! 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2021, 10:41:03 PMMakes me wonder if it comes from this Godzilla, or if it is from an ancient, deceased Godzilla (like the skeleton seen in the 2014 film) in the Hollow Earth...

I'm betting it's an ancient weapon he's gonna pick up a bit later in the film when they get into the mythology of the old wars between the species. Maybe he gets his ass handed to him by Godzilla the first time around and this evens it out a bit.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Judging by this still, the axe seems to be glowing. Perhaps it sort of absorbs Godzilla's beam to "charge" the axe for some other kind of attack?

And on the topic of glowing blue energy, the area that Kong is standing on here, where the blue energy is radiating out from, seems to actually be in the shape of Godzilla.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's like the Super X-2's mirror, only not shit and breaking after five minutes' use.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2021, 11:40:45 PM
Judging by this still, the axe seems to be glowing. Perhaps it sort of absorbs Godzilla's beam to "charge" the axe for some other kind of attack?

https://static1.colliderimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/godzilla-vs-kong-warner-bros-hbo-max-64.png?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5

And on the topic of glowing blue energy, the area that Kong is standing on here, where the blue energy is radiating out from, seems to actually be in the shape of Godzilla.

https://static1.colliderimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/godzilla-vs-kong-warner-bros-hbo-max-60.png?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5

The final scene in the trailer, with Kong jumping towards Godzilla definitely has the axe look like it's absorbing the energy and then releasing it upon impact.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2021, 11:17:20 PMAlso, unrelated to the Hollow Earth but related to that shot, it looks kind of like the Super X flying behind him. If they're gonna do that, we should get some Maser Tanks in here, too! 8)

It's a new vehicle called a HEAV -

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hollow Earth Antigravity Vehicle. I guess that confirms my thoughts on where that shot is set, then. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed