Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,524,174 times)

razeak

razeak

Have mercy. A thousand times yes lol.

Huggs

Huggs

Barring what is happening with the reshoots, I'd be more inclined to believe
Spoiler
the armor stuff
[close]
is just special stuff meant to awesomize a toy line, and nothing more. It all sounds far too extreme to be part of the movie, at least at this stage of the game.

That being said,
Spoiler
it's nice, but surprising to see MG will be in the movie. Although I have a feeling it will be at the very end. Probably used as a post credits scene showing him being built, after this movie officially establishes Godzilla as a threat to mankind. Which they already alluded to at the end of KOTM.
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I've seen some speculation that it's more like
Spoiler
a control device that Mechagodzilla puts on Godzilla as part of the villains' plan. Looks cool either way.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Reminds me of a similar plot point from the 94 Godzilla script. And since Rossio is a writer on this, maybe that's to be expected.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Astounding Beyond Belief has the rundown on the some kinda/sorta spoiler-y toy pics that leaked out.
Spoiler
Okay, my shifts are finally over. Here's what happened with Godzilla vs. Kong today.

This morning, a user in the Wikizilla Discord shared images of the upcoming film's toyline, apparently from an expo in Hong Kong. They were not meant to be shared, and certainly not meant to be posted publicly, but his source missed the text message explaining that crucial caveat, and the rest of us did what came naturally when faced with titanic Godzilla news. As soon as they hit social media, of course, there was no containing them. I don't plan on posting them here again, especially since Warner Bros. is firing off DMCAs at people, but I figure there's no harm in talking about them.

(Apologies for not tagging the initial posts as spoilers – suffice to say I got a little excited.)

The biggest news, of course, is Mechagodzilla. Foreshadowed in the credits of Godzilla: King of the Monsters (and arguably the beginning of G14), the magnificent machine seems to be the Greater Threat Godzilla and Kong will team up against for the good of all Titankind. He has a similar build as Godzilla, but more slender (save for those meaty claws) and with fairly plain dorsal plates. Compared with the likes of Kiryu and the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla, the design isn't blowing me away, but I only have photos of toys to judge it from, and poor ones at that. I'm still holding out hope that Mechani-Kong will be joining him.

"Mega Godzilla" is eyebrow-raising – it's Godzilla with spiky red armor, evoking the old Trendmasters Power-Up figures. I dearly hope this isn't in the movie, unless the whole story is equally silly.

Kong will finally be getting some more toys, including two where he'sholding an axe. Apparently this lines up with a plot leak I refuse to read. There's also a Skullcrawler figure that, even in these meager photos, blows away the one from Lanard.

There is a red monster in one of the photos who doesn't appear to be Rodan. Well, we got new creatures in every other MonsterVerse movie, and didn't get to see most of the Titans introduced in King of the Monsters, so I guess that's to be expected. Nice that this one is actually getting a toy though!
[close]
https://astoundingbeyondbelief.tumblr.com/post/190134455289/okay-my-shifts-are-finally-over-heres-what

I would recommend keeping up with ABB if you're into this stuff, he does a good job keeping things in perspective when others are negative/reactionary.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Spoiler
Power armor Godzilla
[close]
is going to be great!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

If you were wondering what a complete Godzilla collection on Blu-ray looks like (not my pic btw) -

Sans the anime trilogy of course, who knows about those.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I have all of that except the 98 movie and 2014 movie (which I have on DVD for some reason).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Edge of Godzilla: Live. Skreeonk. Repeat.

Gilfryd

Huggs

Huggs

Well look at Kong. Finally moving up in the world.

He gets to hold the royal tail.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

NECA Bio- and Kiryu-Gojis on display -

And the checklist so far -

And the latest SH MonsterArts - Burning Godzilla 2019

https://shma-articulationseries.com/upcoming-releases.html

Huggs

Huggs

GVK would've been realeasing within the next 30 days.

Stinkin' production delay.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Mike Mignola (Hellboy) is drawing kaiju while in isolation, making me incredibly happy -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-aIA6cJUeQ/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed