Free DVD on the Making of Alien

Started by SiL, Jul 12, 2009, 01:11:49 AM

Author
Free DVD on the Making of Alien (Read 17,820 times)

SiL

SiL

Dudes! Dudettes!

If you're a fan of Alien and one of those people who enjoys watching making-of stuff, then good news, cos some of the guys who worked in the model department got together and made an 80-minute documentary about their experiences on the movie, called Alien Makers. The guys who made it are pretty cool, hanging out over at the Alien Experience Forum to talk about their experiences and answer whatever questions they can and everything.

Anyway! The point of this thread is that you can get the DVD of Alien Makers shipped to your door for the low low price of absolutely nothing. Alien Experience was going to host the ISO files, but due to technical issues it has become something of an impracticality, so Dennis Lowe, one of the guys behind the documentary, has offered to mail it to you.

Yes, that's right; you!

QuoteDue to the fact there stands to be severe problems allowing extremely large ISO files to be downloaded from our servers Dennis Lowe has graciously volunteered to make any Alien fan their own copy of the Alien Makers documentary on DVD. All you need to do is email me at hicks@alienexperience.com with your full name, complete mailing address, and the DVD format you require (PAL or NTSC) and Dennis will burn and mail you your very own copy of the documentary free of charge.

I apologize for reneging on the promise of a direct download but there is just too much potential for causing problems with the server. And kudos to Dennis for stepping up to the plate with the offer of making the DVDs. Thank you!

While you're waiting for your disc you can jump in the forum thread where Dennis, Jon Sorensen and Simon Deering are regaling us with their tales from the Alien production.

I can vouch that it's all on the level - I got a copy of the DVD on Monday, and it has a pretty picture on it and everything.

So if you like Alien, or models, or making-ofs, or all of that, then get your free copy of Alien Makers.

You know you want to.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I just requested my copy and you should too!!!! :o

Johnny Handsome

Does the guy sent it to germany too?

SiL

SiL

He sent it to me, and I'm in Australia. I imagine he'd send it to Germany - They asked that one's country be noted when giving the address.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2009, 01:25:18 AM
He sent it to me, and I'm in Australia. I imagine he'd send it to Germany - They asked that one's country be noted when giving the address.
Yeah i gave my name, my street and housenumber, my mailing address and then the country.

How long did it take to get to you?

SiL

SiL

About a week and a day or so.

Johnny Handsome

Well thanks for letting us know, it would be very cool if my copy arrives. I love all the behind the scenes stuff.

midget

midget

Cool, thanks for the info!

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2009, 01:11:49 AM
Quoteand the DVD format you require (PAL or NTSC) and Dennis will burn and mail you your very own copy of the documentary free of charge.

Forgive my ignorance but I live in the U.S.A which version do I need PAL or NTSC?

This is sooo awesome! Thank you very much!! ;D

SiL

SiL

US standard is NTSC.

Darwinsgirl

Thank you Sil !

Corporal Hicks

Think mine'd actually get sent to Dennis...?

SiL

SiL

What do you mean?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Thanks Sil, I have also requested a copy. Sounds like an interesting movie.  :)

Alien³

Alien³

I'll get my copy soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed