Return of the Giger ALIEN?

Started by Jigsaw85, Jun 08, 2009, 07:16:01 AM

Should this movie bring back the original Alien design?

Yes
77 (83.7%)
No
15 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author
Return of the Giger ALIEN? (Read 21,084 times)

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 23, 2009, 02:32:14 PM
It only makes sense that a prequel would contain the original design, unless it provides some explanation for the different chains of alien.

I would love this BTW.

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 23, 2009, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Maxyboy on Jun 23, 2009, 07:24:29 AM
What the hell do you guys have against the warrior?
Seriously. This website isn't an AVP fansite, it's just a Giger worshipping zealot site. Dont get me wrong, I love the original design, but whats the point of having a Alien Films forum when the only one you guys give two shits about is the first one? Is anyone else with me?

Looking at your post count maxyboy, its clear you have not hung around here long enough. As a rough estimate, I'd put the warrior and Aliens as favorite against the Alien and the original if your going on posts by members. Most of the crowd here are young(ish) and there are probably more than the lions share of Alien's fan's on here.

It only makes sense that a prequel would contain the original design, unless it provides some explanation for the different chains of alien.

I dont know, it seems lilke everyone prefers the original design over the subsequent ones(The only other competition being the warrior and maybe the runner)

SM

SM

So what if they do prefer the original?

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 23, 2009, 03:09:42 PM
My post wasn't meant to be offensive to younger members, I'm only 29 myself, but i think your response proves my point. Although the AR models are updated, the alien jumping from wall to wall in aliens, or the alien jumping into the lift trumps anything done in AR. The Original was just too dam scary when i watched it and the scenes involving Kane or Ripley are as good as anything to date.

Yes maybe they do look fake at certain points, but so does the roof crawler in A3 or the Swimmers in AR - a good many years later.

the swimming alien looked bad cuz of the cgi not the design it self. I still think the swimming alien was pretty good though. I know alot of people say it looks fake but the movement and the feeling was there.

Master

Master

For me underwater scene was best one in whole A:R (i do like A:R) despite dated cgi. I think that in 10 years time LOTR cgi also are going to be dated and young audiecne won't be satisfied with them.                                                                          I think that both Alien and Aliens and A3 designs are great and does not exclude one another. A:R design is different but fits films fable and thus is logical. AvP is different story. First one seems to be cheap come back to A1 design by changing legs and colour of A:R alien. It not good but dosen't hurt either in opose to AvPr which aliens look ridicolous due to gigant teeth and to wide mouths.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jun 09, 2009, 06:47:58 AM
It's because of cgi and modern techniques that today's special effects don't look as good.  Instead of going for minimalistic, and making every shot count; they go for gratitious shots and show way too much.

This comment is full of win.

I've read a lot of people saying that JP was the best CGI movie ever made, and I agree 110%. I still remember watching the movie when I was a kid, and I just couldn't believe how real everything looked. The CGI was so perfect in that movie because the technology was still reletively new and untested at the time, and Cameron gave it the proper respect.

But I feel like now, we are at a point where filmakers are constatly trying to one-up each other in the special effects department, and are going out of their way to use CGI effects at every available opportunity, even at the expense of the scene itself. Its almost like there is this mentality that "more special effects = better movie". I would compare it to a cheff over-seasoning his food. At a certain point, you are just serving a bowl full of pepper and garlic.

Take me back to the days of "every shot counts". Showing the audience everything all the time doesn't lend itself well to this franchise.

But to answer the original question, I definately prefer the A1 design for the prequel since there is only going to be the one Alien.

SM

SM

QuoteI've read a lot of people saying that JP was the best CGI movie ever made, and I agree 110%. I still remember watching the movie when I was a kid, and I just couldn't believe how real everything looked. The CGI was so perfect in that movie because the technology was still reletively new and untested at the time, and Cameron gave it the proper respect.

This comment is full of fail.

SiL

SiL

CGI doesn't force a gun to someone's head and say "SHOW EVERYTHING, BITCH!" Modern techniques are not responsible for the ineptitude of the people using them.

When Neil Marshall made Dog Soldiers he said "Screw it, I'm doing this in-camera", and lo, he did. He could've used cheap shitty CGI, it's always an option, but he went without. Guillermo del Toro could've done Pan's Labyrinth with nothing but CGI creatures, he still did everything possible with suits.

Hate the player, not the game.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2009, 10:58:40 PM
QuoteI've read a lot of people saying that JP was the best CGI movie ever made, and I agree 110%. I still remember watching the movie when I was a kid, and I just couldn't believe how real everything looked. The CGI was so perfect in that movie because the technology was still reletively new and untested at the time, and Cameron gave it the proper respect.

This comment is full of fail.

Sigh. Anyone who didn't know I meant Spielberg feel free to troll.

SM

SM

Anyone who can't type a coherent and informed post feel free to whine.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: SM on Jun 30, 2009, 11:43:53 PM
Anyone who can't type a coherent and informed post feel free to whine.

Obviously, you were able to understand the post enough to correct the mistake. If one incorrect word is tantamount in an incoherent post, then I would encourage you to revise some of the ones you have made in the past.

Keep the nerd rage comin.

SM

SM

Yowch!  That irony is HOT!

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

It just passed thru my mind... Do Aliens evolve?  I mean, should the alien from Alien be different that the ones in AVP?

SM

SM

The original idea was that Aliens are born with this overwhelming bloodlust, and after this was sated they would become highly intelligent and cultured beings who lived for more than a century.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Da-Wolf on Jul 01, 2009, 02:41:28 AM
It just passed thru my mind... Do Aliens evolve?  I mean, should the alien from Alien be different that the ones in AVP?

Depends, do you consider Tigers and Venus Flytraps to be identical?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed