New Alien Movie is a Prequel

Started by Dusk, May 29, 2009, 11:03:31 PM

Author
New Alien Movie is a Prequel (Read 49,169 times)

bleau

bleau

QuoteThe space Jockeys making them as a Bio Weapon would totaly mess up the AVP cannon unless we are ment to believe that the derelict ship in alien is long long ago even by our time.

The first alien was only like one or two hundred years in the future from present day. The SJ was fossilized. It takes thousands of years maybe a hundred thousand, or as much as a million. When something is out in the open it takes longer to become a fossil.

SM

SM

Assuming the uninformed musings of a commercial pilot are to be trusted.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Apr 13, 2010, 12:09:23 AM
The space Jockeys making them as a Bio Weapon would totaly mess up the AVP cannon unless we are ment to believe that the derelict ship in alien is long long ago even by our time.

Nevermind the fact that the AvP movies are canon unto themselves.

StarBeast79

StarBeast79

Why does everybody worry about canon so much?  Everyone should just ignore the movies they don't like.  I ignore everything but the first two.  It's like when people tell me they don't like the SW prequels and don't ever think about them when watching the originals.  I totally understand that.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Quote from: bleau on Apr 21, 2010, 03:19:41 AM
QuoteThe space Jockeys making them as a Bio Weapon would totaly mess up the AVP cannon unless we are ment to believe that the derelict ship in alien is long long ago even by our time.

The first alien was only like one or two hundred years in the future from present day. The SJ was fossilized. It takes thousands of years maybe a hundred thousand, or as much as a million. When something is out in the open it takes longer to become a fossil.
Well the oldest recorded pyramid is 4,600 years old. And the Preds obviously pre-date thoes as they built them/showed humans how to. And then their relation to the Xeno didnt look anything new. Infact the Predators tech and ritual doesnt look to of aged at all from the flashback till now so for all we know they have had the Xenos in their life for hundreds of thousands of years. we atleast have 5,000 years between seeing Predators with Xenos and the space Jockey ship on film. I can buy the Jockey being hundreds of thousands of years dead also. But i cant think that the distress signal and eggs would last hundreds and thousands of years without expiring

bleau

bleau

QuoteBut i cant think that the distress signal and eggs would last hundreds and thousands of years without expiring

You know that in some firehouse somewhere there is a light bulb thats never burned out for like almost 100 years. It's true, it holds a record. So for an alien ship to send a beacon for so long does not mean it's not possible. Plus I get what you're saying about the eggs, but they had a blue light/film covering them. I think they also had a mist surrounding them also. Maybe thats how they lasted so long. Plus I think eggs can lie dormant for long periods of time, not for thousands or even hundreds of years, but with the blue film and mist they may be able to.

StarBeast79

StarBeast79

Yeah, I always assumed the other rows of eggs were dead and the one row with blue light was some sort of stasis field to preserve the eggs and somehow keep them from getting out.  Thousands of years seems a bit long but I've always assumed it was at least a couple hundred.

SM

SM

The blue light only comes on when Kane gets close.  The other 'pits' may have also had working blue lasers.

As for the eggs, I have no problem with them lasting millenia.

StarBeast79

StarBeast79

I figured it just wasn't really visible from far off.  If not, then maybe him coming close is what spurs the eggs to come out of hibernation so to speak.  Of course that doesn't make much sense if we're assuming the derelict is a bio-weapons ship.

SM

SM

It makes sense if the alarm Kane sets off, alerts the crew.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Then the intruder is killed off without the Space Jockeys having to intervene and they can dispose of his body + the chestburster inside swiftly afterwards.

Politikon

Politikon

I would like to see the blue lights in the Prequel.

Oh yeah and ALIEN HARVEST was legit.

Corporal Hicks

Harvest troll is trolling.  ::)

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 29, 2010, 07:19:41 AM
Harvest troll is trolling.  ::)

What? after all the "compelling" evidence and IMDB links he has provided, and you still question the veracity of HARVEST? LOL  just kidding.  :D

BillDukesBuddy

I've just read the Harvest Script and I'd say that it's near impossible that it's fan made. So the real question is where did it come from I guess?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed