Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 28,031 times)

Gates

Gates

Damn, I'm somewhere between severely pissed off and painfully disappointed...I'm not surprised it's a remake/prequel (common sense dictates, plus members here have been predicting that for years), what aggravates me is that the Scott brothers are slapping their name on it...I'd always like to believe the founders of both franchises were in it for more than just a quick buck...but that sentiment seems to be removed from most film making today as it's undoubtedly obvious they are all in it for the cash (except maybe McTiernan, who makes no money comparably speaking)...

I don't know, as I've regurgitated in the Predators board, I'll repeat here; I'll wait for more information to be released before I go into full attack mode...but as it stands, I've lost a great deal of respect for Ridley...

DB

DB

Oh man...

I'm looking forward to this.

It's like when you can't peel your eyes off an impending car crash or train wreck.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

WOW NEW RIPLEY! I'm speachless.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55913

So its a prequel, reboot and a remake at the same time apparently.

Dusk

Dusk

What the? How can it be a Prequel when they are looking for a new Ripley?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

New ripley could mean the next person strong enough to launch an alien franchise.

Ripley was Sigourney Weaver in the first series.  It could be any one of a group of young actors in the second.

locusta

locusta

Confirmed:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001716/news#ni0805871

So, we know. A bit more....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 28, 2009, 11:43:56 PM
This is Ridley's baby, why the hell would he ruin it? It's gonna be fineeeeeee, Sigourney Weaver will get in on it too, so it won't be a prequel.

There's been no news of Weaver being involved.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: locusta on May 30, 2009, 05:20:21 AM
Confirmed:

Dude. I know that my comment it's absolutly off-topic but ..have you skinned the alien warrior yet?

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Griffith on May 30, 2009, 05:27:30 AM
Quote from: locusta on May 30, 2009, 05:20:21 AM
Confirmed:

Dude. I know that my comment it's absolutly off-topic but ..have you skinned the alien warrior yet?

I hold you on the long leash, do I?  ;)

Very bussy, but let us wait, what next week will bring...

locusta

locusta

Anyway, guys. Now we really can start the wildest rumors....

So, what do you think:

Will this prequel stick to the Alien universe as we know it after Cameron (hive, queen etc.), or introduce the egg-morphing as Scott initiated it in origin?

And most of all: SHALL GIGER BE THE MAIN CREATURE DESIGNER?! (stupid question, I know...)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Scott and Cameron get along decently.  Cameron invited Scott as one of the first off the set people to come visit Avatar, they were trying to get an Alien V and Alien VI going around the same time as AvP, and Scott frequently mentions that Cameron's techniques for the 3-d camera will be used in his movies in the future.

I think Scott if he (re)introduces the egg morph, will have it as an alternative to the queen. 

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: locusta on May 30, 2009, 05:45:27 AM
And most of all: SHALL GIGER BE THE MAIN CREATURE DESIGNER?! (stupid question, I know...)

How is that a stupid question?  That's one of the most important questions.

SiL

SiL

Because Giger hates Hollywood and the likely answer is a resounding "No".

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I am conflicted to how I feel about this.

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2009, 06:50:28 AM
Because Giger hates Hollywood and the likely answer is a resounding "No".

I will wait until it's confirmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed